Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

+41
DekuMarowak
FutureCreator
Infinity Calli
Essix
nya2468
Pixel Profligate
Dragon Arbock
Kitten
Mitchell Boot
CrimsonIgnis
Yria/Mara LB
Lex Callaina
Karasugaming
Hessehl
TeamNingo
TriShade
Gantorn
Zell Justice
Professor Morel
PoLlOrOn
Capta1n_Henry
Lady Phosphorus
Sir Tman
JTGamer_BR
Samuronite
CraterChest
Audio_Soul
Smileycorp
Istas
DanH03
stormneko
ryu
MizuCyne
AeroTheMaverick
J A Y
Chawizawd
redxephyr
ZeroScale
secretsupergirl
GrimlockGabe
Warlock
45 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:58 pm

You can simply google it, nya.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by nya2468 Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:03 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:You can simply google it, nya.

Ryan you know I'm not like that
nya2468
nya2468
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:22 am

Alain. I knew only him as an anime exclusive character
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Alain10

EDIT: Also I couldn't draw a Mega Stone to him.

Last edited by Essix on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

http://fanfictionessix.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Infinity Calli Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:25 am

I wish my laptop didn't break
Infinity Calli
Infinity Calli
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:59 pm

My PC is dead. Until thats fixed I won't be spriting
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:44 pm

shouldn't this discussion be posted in the SLPC Discussion Thread >_>
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:12 am

so I did max by using the SchoolKid Male from gen 3 as a base. (Yes I know I did a bad job with the legs and the backpack don't judge me ;-; unless its the judges)

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 School10
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:17 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Paul_by_crimsonignis-dac5e7v

Paul is basically Silver right?
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:12 pm

Well, should probably apologize. I was rather sad after something that happened for most of the week, so I let judging go until now for last week's round. I'll try not to let it happen again.

TCG round;
Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 6aegVmQ
I mentioned this before with the other sprite you did before, but this is pillowshading, and intentional or not, it's not a good thing. This sprite is also a bit large for what is supposed to be a smaller pokemon, and the gray outline color is too close to the gray shadow color. Otherwise, it's cute, but could be better.
C-

nya2468 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Shinx_10
Aw, this is cute as well. I can see you put effort into this, though I'd say almost too much effort, and the shading is way more detailed than typical pokemon style.The choice of outline colors on the black and yellow areas is also puzzling, and could have also used some black outline.
B

Lex Callaina wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Zoroar10
This sprite is also pillowshading, but there's something else wrong. Why is this sprite on an angle? I know the tcg card is, but you could have used a program to rotate it and gone from there. You also missed spriting part of the upper thigh on the back leg. The base composition of the sprite isn't that bad, but the shading and the angle kill it.
D

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Week_ten_tgc_card_into_sprite_by_yria101-dab1yrg
This sprite is actually rather nice. It has a good balance of colored and black outline, and looks pretty official. The only thing that really gets me is the shape of the one eye, which once I noticed is somewhat distracting.
A-

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Haunter_card_by_crimsonignis-dab4rig
You also did a good job making this look official, and it mimic's Haunter's typical shading rather well. The details for the mouth look a little squished together, but it's not very noticeable, and the sprite overall is good.
A

Mitchell Boot wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Torterra_in_a_pokemon_card_pose_by_magiquezmaster-dab765t
Well for one, this sprite is small. It's nowhere near the typical 80x80. In addition, its head seems even smaller compared to the scale of the rest of it. I also notice the tree lacks a trunk. It's not a really bad sprite, but it's out of proportion and small for no reason.
C

Kitten wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 351dRpQ
This is also pretty good, though I'm not sure, but it somehow feels off. I think it has to do with the shape of the face or how the green part follows the curve of the face exactly (on the card it bulges out more). Regardless, outline and shading is quite good, just slightly flawed.
A-

Trainer round;
Essix wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Alain10
I can see that you tried, but there's several things wrong here. The hairstyle doesn't match. The puffy scarf thing lacks texture. The gloves don't even have an outline, same with parts of the jacket. I see what you were going for, but it was executed poorly.
C-

Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 School10
I always thought Max's design was inspired by them. Anyway, this sprite's a bit of a mess, mostly because the skintone outline is very checkered. The shoes as well look half-made. Meanwhile the hand on the glasses is double-pixelated. The sprite just needs cleaning up.
C

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Paul_by_crimsonignis-dac5e7v
If I had to say, the hair looks off and over detailed compared to anime Paul. The outfit and everything else looks spot-on though, and it's a good translation from Silver to Paul. Just fix the hair some.
A-

Okay.. sorry about that.

Next round will be an open round, meaning you can submit anything so long as it's recent and not overly large, and follows the contest rules.
End date; 8/6
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:49 pm

so heres my entry Nuclear Sablevoir both a Fusion and a recolor
enjoy with your eyeholes.

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Nuclea11

(also all I did with the max trainer sprite is change the colour of his hair, shirt, gave him a backpack and made terrible legs any double pixelation was already there >3>)

(re-uploaded because of transparent background)
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:04 am

OH.
MY.
GOD.
FOMANTIS IS SO CUTEEEEE!
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Fomant10
I COULDNT NOT SPRITE IT!
\('u')/
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:37 am

Charizard gen 1 sprite re-done. Hope you like it Smile
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Charma10
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by DekuMarowak Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:34 pm

Edit: Removed. I'm just going to wait until next week.

Last edited by DekuMarowak on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
DekuMarowak
DekuMarowak
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:48 pm

"How To: Summoning Lazy Professors"
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 ZM9GdBf

BB the Beheeyem is what I'm submitting to be judged, not the psychic projection.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by nya2468 Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:02 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Ice_ni10

Alola Form Ninetales Razz Because why the hell not!
nya2468
nya2468
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Tman Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:50 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Tumblr_obh1ewV7Dt1tmpg7po1_100
Elite 4 Member Rickylee
Sir Tman
Sir Tman
Wild Abra

http://pokemontreasure.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:18 am

So I figured since I didn't finish this sprite during the round it was actually due, I could submit it now lol.

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 CHOZ9YK
Mega Banette & Mismagius fusion
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:31 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Ice_trainer_by_crimsonignis-dad1s2y

Man I almost forgot to submit this
Anyways the submission is the mugshot based on the trainer sprite
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:29 pm

I'm judging now.. (real-life people are annoying).

Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Nuclea11
Not bad, but as a fusion, it's unbalanced. I can see how Sableye might be lacking in more distinct features to add in, but I'd expect a fusion of these to pokemon to be shorter. Also, where the ear connects to the 'hair', the outline is thicker than it needs to be. Otherwise, it's not a bad job with the recolor aspect of it.
B-

noverys wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Fomant10
Fairly one-for-one with the concept art, but you did a good job regardless. Only real complaint would be how the teal-green head-piece lacks in shading, feeling more flat than the rest of the sprite, as well as there being a few oddly placed black outline segments.
A-

Essix wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Charma10
This sprite is effectively just a recolor with a changed out tail flame. I can tell because there is still double black pixelation everywhere. A proper revamp would include fixes to the sprite's outline as needed, including anatomy fixes, and generally completely redone shading. Ever the part you did change, the tail flame, does not connect properly to the tail itself.
D

Professor Morel wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 ZM9GdBf
This is interesting, and ambitious, really. Being nowhere near similar to the actual Beheeyem sprite, it's a lot of scratch work. It looks pretty good from away, but on closer inspection there's a few small flaws. For one, the shadow on the legs is very straight, and going along with that, the one leg looks too thick in comparison with the other. And speaking of the shadows and the legs, you also have the lightest shades on the legs as well, which shouldn't be there. The book is meanwhile very simple compared to the rest of the sprite itself, but it's not the main focus so I can forgive it.
B+

nya2468 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Ice_ni10
This is almost really good. Almost. The texture in the shading is amazing. It uses a few to many colors for a normal pokemon sprite, but this is an open round, so that's not as important. What hurts this sprite is the outline. The outline should be soft and smooth, but it places, like the chest, it's harsh and jagged. The back ear is missing a pixel, and the tails all blend together at one point, and while the concept art also does this, there should at least be a light outline to distinguish them. The muzzle could also use some fixing up, along with removing the awkward line from the hip area. With a few small fixes this sprite could be perfect.
B+

Sir Tman wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Tumblr_obh1ewV7Dt1tmpg7po1_100
This is almost just a recolor, but I can see you changed a few things. The skirt looks mostly good, though, I'm confused as to why the outline between it and the skin is the lighter color and not the actual outline color. You also changed the pose of the arm, but you didn't move the pompom out farther, so instead of having a normal bent arm, she has a stubby arm. The sprite isn't bad.. but for such an important character it's very close to the base sprite, and needs some fixing up.
C+

Kitten wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 CHOZ9YK
Now this is a cool idea. I like what you did with the winding zipper going down the hat in reference to one of mega banette's traits. It's also a little hard to see, but I /think/ it has legs, which helps balance the fusion more. The zipper handle on the chest blends in a bit, but I can't really find much else to complain about here.
A

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Ice_trainer_by_crimsonignis-dad1s2y
Good thing you told me which to judge. Anyway, this mugshot looks fairly nice. One thing that gets me is that mugshots usually use black outline only, all the way around the outside, but I can excuse it as a style choice. What I am a little unsure of is the hair piece. It has the shading of a polished mineral stone, but I think it;s supposed to be a hair clip? Either way it protrudes too far out past the hair line whereas on the trainer it does not.
A-

Next round; Revamp a third gen sprite to the shading style of a 4th or 5th gen counterpart.
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 34eccjo<--Example
End date; 8/13
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by DekuMarowak Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:23 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 C9aQkCP
I kinda went overboard and completely revamped the sprite instead of just redoing the shading. Also made it a tad too big, whoops.

Here's the revamped sprite on its own.
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 X6j7cK2
DekuMarowak
DekuMarowak
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:26 pm

Sceptile cause its made its way into my top 10 fav pokemon gen 3 sprite with gen 5 colours
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Spr_3r11
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Tman Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:48 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Tumblr_obmqycK0yT1tmpg7po1_400
Welp for something i've never tried before I think I did ok
Sir Tman
Sir Tman
Wild Abra

http://pokemontreasure.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:15 pm

I hope I done it right Smile
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Gen_ge10
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Gantorn Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:08 pm

Everyone loves Scizor right Wink
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Scizor_by_gantorn-dadnvob
Gantorn
Gantorn
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:14 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 9 Alakazam_reshading_by_crimsonignis-dadye5b

Alakazam!
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next