Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

+41
DekuMarowak
FutureCreator
Infinity Calli
Essix
nya2468
Pixel Profligate
Dragon Arbock
Kitten
Mitchell Boot
CrimsonIgnis
Yria/Mara LB
Lex Callaina
Karasugaming
Hessehl
TeamNingo
TriShade
Gantorn
Zell Justice
Professor Morel
PoLlOrOn
Capta1n_Henry
Lady Phosphorus
Sir Tman
JTGamer_BR
Samuronite
CraterChest
Audio_Soul
Smileycorp
Istas
DanH03
stormneko
ryu
MizuCyne
AeroTheMaverick
J A Y
Chawizawd
redxephyr
ZeroScale
secretsupergirl
GrimlockGabe
Warlock
45 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by Kitten Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:16 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 YYfPjc8

Mugshots for days~

It's closer to my style, but within pokemon dimensions
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8]

Post by Karasugaming Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:55 am

so I made this earlier this year and im entering it even if it is bad cause it has 7 colors :/ (IMO its bad) he just wants a hug man :/
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Very_b10

Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 8C4pEYa

Well, here is a sprite for my work in progress game. This is one of the enemies, the Stuffed Spider. I also included a little idea of what the game world and style.

Enjoy~
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hessehl Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:32 am

Hello guys! Haven't seen you in a while...
Anyway, I may be participating on this competitions casually.
Today I have this:
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Pokemon_azur_by_hessehl-da9fu0d
It's semi-pokemon style, but it matches the rules of this competition and match.
I really had fun doing this scratch build!
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Boot Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:16 pm

A very High Quality Sprite containing 7 Grand colors.
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Grand_dad_revamped_sprite_by_magiquezmaster-da9hhp6

Basically a revamped Grand Dad overworld sprite, mashed the overworld and title screen colors together and added some extra colors for the shading.

Last edited by Mitchell Boot on Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Mitchell Boot
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:44 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Guarumo_by_crimsonignis-da9ju1s

Growlithe turned into my old doge
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Super late submission, if it isn't judged I don't really care - it was either this or submit nothing (background colours count, right?)
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Futur11
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Sorry for lateness.. did manage to fix my computer's issue with lag and certain things though (updated graphics card drivers) o.o;

TriShade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 NrWvjjF
Not bad, but it looks a little off compared tot he reference. As a sprite though.. hm, you had one more color left, but even with that, you also had a black that was only used for the eyes. The dark blue outline and the black are almost the same color, so one could have easily been substituted for the other to free up another shade. And yes this sprite could have made use of one-two more shades, as the body being minimally shaded appears somewhat flat.
B-

TeamNingo wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Entry_8_by_pokeminer20-da92ebd
The shades on this are way too close together and lack any contrast- it's impossible to tell the one color of white apart from the other without tilting my laptop screen all the way back. The outline is also way too close to the body shades, making it ineffective. Also, don't know if it's the design of the character, but the sprite is very simplistic, with jagged straight lines.
D

Essix wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Mistra10
Not bad, but it has some flaws. Near the top of the head by where the white marking ends, there's a square of four dark pixels- removing one would make the outline there more smooth. The lines in the mane also have some double-pixelation, and it looks rather stiff. On top of that, I'm relatively certain the mane's supposed to connect to the back of the neck.. and you're missing a pixel of outline on the ear. So.. not bad, just needs some fixing up.
C+

Kitten wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 YYfPjc8
Doing a grayscale sprite was a tricky way to be bale to use the shades for more than one application (..you also did the thing I like where only the eyes are colored). Quite frankly this sprite is gorgeous and I can't find much wrong with it- the hand's a bit odd, but hands are difficult. ..don't know if this could be considered against the spirit of the round, but I'll just call it clever.
A

Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Very_b10
This thing reminds me of Clank. ..don't know if it's supposed to be, but eh. Anyway, this needs a bit of work. The shading on the head does not curve to fit the shape of it, and the light grey outline is too light t use where the shading is- your use of the black outline feels random and is not put to good use in any way. (It also is 8 colors, you forgot to count black as one). The structure of the sprite isn't bad, but the coloring maims it on some level. Completely re-color and shade it, and it could be better.
C-

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 8C4pEYa
It's too cute to be an enemy, I don't want wanna kill him T-T (I like the game aesthetic.)  Anyway, this is technically good, and rather colorful for what you had to work with. There's a cluster of black pixels where the front leg crosses over the body, which is noticeable. I'm also not a fan of how the legs connect to the body- there needs to be a more clear distinction.
A-

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Pokemon_azur_by_hessehl-da9fu0d
This has a retro feel to it, but that's just fine. First thing I notice though, is with your palette- the two shades of white are so close together, there's really no point in having the second one. The sprite looks mostly fine for what it is, though the curve of the hair back by the shoulder becomes oddly jagged ..my bigger confusion however is whatever that hand is actually doing. Is it curled up against her head? It's hard to tell, and I think it's a bit too small.
A-

Mitchell Boot wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Grand_dad_revamped_sprite_by_magiquezmaster-da9hhp6
Fred Flintstone.. and Mario, ..okay then. (I had to look that up). Interesting choice, but question though- why is he whiter than an albino? The colors are already rather bright, but ouch.. The shading is also painfully minimal here, and the all-black outline on these bright colors is garish.
D

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Guarumo_by_crimsonignis-da9ju1s
Aw. There's actually a decent amount changed than what I saw at first glance- ears, paws, tongue, it's nice. The tongue itself feels off, and I can't really tell what kind of dog it's supposed to be though.. the head fur and tail make being left as is just make me see Growlithe and could have been changed as well. The belly is also overly dark. Pretty good effort though.
B+

(And FutureCreator, regardless of the lateness, there's two sprites there, so.. I won't judge that here).

Soo.. I, um, should have consulted with LM about what the next round should be earlier so.. oops?
..But I don't want to wait on posting the judging so I'll post what the next round will be asap.

Edit, okay;
Next round- Sprite an enemy (common or boss character) from another game in pokemon style
-The character must not be playable later on (for example, Shadow from Sonic Adventure 2, while he is a boss for Sonic, he's also playable).
End date; 7/16
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:03 pm

1st

I did the Purple Grubling from Mino monsters 2
edit: it has a background now
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Purple11
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Essix Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:34 pm

Ivlet from Catz (or Catz 2 can't remember) in his pure evil form
(I know that it's just an recoloured Arcanine but I couldn't find better one :p)
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Ivlet10
Essix
Essix
Splashing Hoppip

http://fanfictionessix.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Infinity Calli Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:05 pm

This is the "ThunderBall" Gaia Monster from "Sonic The WereHog." This was all made from scratch but the main issue was finding what mini enemy I could've sprited.
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Sonic_unleashed_thunderball_sprite_by_prodigy_dimension-daa0syy
Infinity Calli
Infinity Calli
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:55 pm

My entry: Dark King Boo!
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Dark_k10
heheheheh
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Gantorn Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Vlad from Magicka, he is the main support character but also a boss/enemy later on in the game.
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Vlad_by_gantorn-daa9exf
Gantorn
Gantorn
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 MZJ0w9O

This mugshot of Jak 2's Krimzon Guard would not exist without Future (thank you for suggesting the bisection).
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:19 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Ridley_by_crimsonignis-daaeon0

Heres a mugshot of Ridley from the Metroid series
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:44 pm

Turns out LM is busy this week, so you're stuck with me.

Karasugaming wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Purple11
It took me a while to figure out what its legs actually were. That is partly due to the shading, which is very minimal to the point of being nonexistent. Regardless, there are other flaws. Sections of the outline, like the lower jaw, and the chest, are very straight and unnatural. The outline is also solid black, which does not fit into pokemon style- that's really the biggest issue with it, not conforming to the style.
C

Essix wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Ivlet10
I think you saw this coming, but this looks too much like Arcanine. Googling it, Mightyena might have even been a better base, as Arcanine's more stocky. For the sprite itself, the white outline is way too light. It being light also makes it hard to discern the eye from the rest of the fur. The areas that you scratches use very straight lines, and near the tail there's a spot of missing outline. The anatomy of the back and one front leg as a result look incorrect. I can see you tried but there's a lot to fix.
D

Prodigious Dimension wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Sonic_unleashed_thunderball_sprite_by_prodigy_dimension-daa0syy
Interesting, though I can see the scale hurts this one slightly, as evidenced by the attempt to replicate the holes in the thorns. Something else I do notice though, is the sprite largely lacking in colored outlines, and some areas, like the green rings around the base of the spikes, have no outlines or incomplete ones. The curve on the top is also not a smooth as it can be, having a large straight-line segment. It's not bad, but it could use some improvements.
B-

noverys wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Dark_k10
Um, Verys.. as far as I can tell a purple version of King Boo only exists in fanon- but I could be wrong. ..I guess since King Boo normal does exist I'll let it slide anyway.. As for the sprite, I think it's actually pretty good. The crown is nicely detailed, and that's a clever repurposing of Charizard's tail flame. The outline has color and the shading is, for the most part, good. I will say that the other hand is a bit too thin and needed some shading, but it's otherwise a good sprite.
A-

Gantorn wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Vlad_by_gantorn-daa9exf
Hm.. it's hard to express what doesn't work here exactly. Some of it is the anatomy- he's got very flat feet, and no neck. The posture is weird too, with his lower body facing at an angle, the chest being dead on, and then the head being at an angle again, which looks wrong. In regards to shading, the hair highlights are dangerously light, the feet have next to no shading, and on the pants and arms you got overzealous with the ruffles. The hand isn't bad and the sword is nice, but the face also looks off. It's a very mixed sprite.
C

Professor Morel wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 MZJ0w9O
Wow Morel, I think you've outdone yourself. The whole design of the character itself translated to a sprite results in something that is overdetailed compared to most pokemon sprites, but the spritework itself is nearly flawless- the only part that really looks odd is the shading of the ribbon across the chest.
A

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Ridley_by_crimsonignis-daaeon0
Last but certainly not least, this is also a very nice sprite. If I had on complain though, it's that the arm is more curved and lacks a defined joint, with the perspective of it being off.
A

Next round;
-Create a sprite from a TCG card.
Example;
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 180px-LatiasHGSSPromo10 -> Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 2ds0jz7
End date- 7/23
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:53 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 6aegVmQ

Tahdah Archimedes the Noibat from a TCG card I tried to speed sprite this and put it on youtube and succeeded (posts video as well of creation of TCG noibat sprite)

done

Last edited by Karasugaming on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEZoWjq5mL0)
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by nya2468 Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:32 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Shinx_11
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Shinx_10

Meh Babe <3
nya2468
nya2468
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Callaina Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Here is the sprite --->Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Zoroar10

And here's the card it's based off of --->Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Zoroar11
Lex Callaina
Lex Callaina
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:39 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Week_ten_tgc_card_into_sprite_by_yria101-dab1yrg
I made Cinccino, hope you like it. (Also I wont be joining in the next 4 weeks sincee... Im in no wifi land.. Jep!)

The card for refference:
Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 BW1_EN_89
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:48 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Haunter_card_by_crimsonignis-dab4rig

Heres Haunter

Pokemon Card:
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mitchell Boot Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:25 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 Torterra_in_a_pokemon_card_pose_by_magiquezmaster-dab765t

Based on this TGC card:
Spoiler:

Hope you like it

Mitchell Boot
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:45 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [Eeveelution round - extended to 10/8] - Page 8 351dRpQ

Based on:
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Working on judging but in the meanwhile;
Next round;
Make a trainer sprite for a character exclusive to the Pokemon Anime
End date- 7/30
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by nya2468 Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:Working on judging but in the meanwhile;
Next round;
Make a trainer sprite for a character exclusive to the Pokemon Anime
End date- 7/30

I don't really know much about the anime so... Could I have a list of exclusive characters?
nya2468
nya2468
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next