Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Advice required

3 posters

Go down

team - Team Advice required Empty Team Advice required

Post by FutureCreator Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:33 am

Ok so I have a team made, but I need help choosing and switching up some of its members, here is what I have so far
Pokemon: Lickicliky
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Band
EV spread: HP 248, Atk 252, Sp Def 8
Abillity: (Not really important) Oblivious
Moves: Thunder Punch
Earthquake
Retaliate
Explosion
EV spread: Atk 252, Spe 252, Sp Def 4
Abillity: Gale Wings
Moves: Acrobatics
Roost
Flare Blitz
Thief
EV spread: Def 252, HP 252, Sp Atk 4
Abillity: Magic Guard
Moves: Calm Mind
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Recover
EV spread: HP 248, Def 188, Spe 72
Abillity: Poison Heal
Moves: Toxic
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Stealth Rock or Substitute (Not sure need help with chosing)
EV spread: Spe 252, Sp Atk 252, Sp Def 4
Abillity: Contrary
Moves: Leaf Storm
Giga Drain
Protect (Because I'm too lasy to breed for HP Rock)
Dragon Pulse

I need a special tank. Thinking of getting Dusclops or Carbink, I don't know if I should replace any existing team members. Please give me some feedback so i can finish this thing
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

team - Team Advice required Empty Re: Team Advice required

Post by Zenox-rmp Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:13 pm

http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?463|663|579|472|497|

If you're gonna use all these pokémon I'd suggest using a water type, cause it resists ice and water. The better option is taking one pokémon out and make a defensive core that covers your team weaknesses.

Using Dusclops only adds more weaknesses without anything important resisted.

Carbink is slightly better. It resists more but you wil have 3 pokémon weak to water.

If you're gonna keep Gliscor you should run stealth rock if you have no other stealth rock user. Substitu if you have an other stealth rock user. Also why do you run ice fang? It has not a great base power and protect is better for scouting and toxic stalling.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:32 pm

I'll probobly run carbink with stealth rocks then, do you know any good special defensive water types?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Milotic, Rotom-W, Vaporeon, Lanturn, Politoed, Tentacruel Slowking and Gastrodon. These are a few examples.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks a GREAAAT lot. Milotic and Lanturn are especially good for me, because I really wanted to try a strategy with Whrilpool, toxic and aqua ring(or in milotic's case recover maybe), that manitne was initially foing to do it, but it turns out Smogon is a frickin liar, so he won't do. And I needed the pokemon to be under OU so I can apply for the SL gym challange.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:25 am

I want to do an Empoleon set, but i need some help with that. Here is the set:

Pokemon: Empoleon
Item: Leftovers (I'm not sure if I should do Binding Band instead)
Abillity: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP/ 66 Def/ 36 SpAtk/ 188 SpDef
Moves:
Whirlpool
Toxic
Aqua Ring
Scald

Not sure if I should have Aqua ring when I have leftovers, but the recovery is better. Should I just slap a binding band on it instead to increase Whirlpool's power and relly on Aqua ring for recovery? I await your opinnions.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Just keep leftovers and it's your choice if you want to keep aqua ring or not. You can alsorun protect to get some extra recovery anddamage the opponent even more. Aqua ring gives Empoleon more recovery each turn, but it takes one turn to set up though.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Ok Zeno, I'll just run aqua ring for now and if it doesn't work out I'll switch it for protect. Thanks for all the advice, too bad you were the only one to chime in XP
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by l0rd ch1mez Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:52 am

So, from a competitive standpoint, your team is really weak to Knock Off as it is item-reliant. Furthermore, STAB Knock Off would diminish this team in half. So I took some time to gather what you can improve on this team;

Firstly, I don't see a point in offensive Lickilicky. You might want to argue that it takes away of the "mainstream" feeling but it doesn't really support the team. It might be better as a wall breaker or a stall-'mon.

Secondly, I don't see any hazard support nor a Defogger/Spinner. Your Talonflame would die to Rocks in two switch-in's and again, your team is vulnerable to Sticky Web. As most of them are required to hit strong and fast, Sticky Web would easily break this team apart.

Thirdly, all I see (no offense) is a couple of 'mons stuck together proclaiming OFFENSE + WALLS = TEAM. It does not work that way. This team has little synergy and no core. And also, take your time to breed for HP Rock/HP Fire. Those investments are really useful. (HP Fire is relatively better since most of the time, Serperior is stopped by Grass-types not Flying.)

SO, I KNOW THIS SEEMS LIKE COMPLAINING, THAT'S WHY I ALSO BROUGHT SOME ADVICE.

You might want to change Lickilicky to a different 'mon. But if you insist on keeping it, try making it your Stealth Rock lead as it'll probably take a few hit before dying.

MY SUGGESTIONS:
Lickilicky (Type: Medic)
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Tail/Body Slam

OR

Lickilicky (Type: Offensive Support)
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

OR

Lickilicky (Type: Bulk-Offense)
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Since you're already using Talonflame and Serperior, I suggest adding a Water-type to create the G/W/F core. I want to suggest Azumarill for a more bulky attacking Pokemon if Talonflame dies to early due to no support, but Milotic seems like a better choice. It also is superior to Gliscor since Ice-types don't hurt it. (INB4 fcuk Freeze Dry) Or Rotom-W. Yeah. Always think of Rotom-W. Great Pokemon.

For support, you can try using Smeargle/Espeon. Simple leads; one with Screens and one for hazard stacking but Espeon is immune to Taunt and is a heavy hitter.

Talonflame doesn't need that much speed since all it really is using is Bird Spam. Flare Blitz is only viable for Steel-mon's and Ferro, so don't worry. I would suggest to make a change into Bulky Bird since you take less HP recoil from Bird Spam.

ALSO: If you're keen on using Reuniclus, add Focus Blast. Since it already dies to Gengar, Shadow Ball isn't needed. Don't listen to SL about Focus Miss, they don't know nothing about the sheer wreckage on Dark-types.

I HOPE THIS DEDUCTION HELPS. HAPPY TEAMBUILDING.

l0rd ch1mez
l0rd ch1mez
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Your Father wrote:So, from a competitive standpoint, your team is really weak to Knock Off as it is item-reliant. Furthermore, STAB Knock Off would diminish this team in half. So I took some time to gather what you can improve on this team;

Firstly, I don't see a point in offensive Lickilicky. You might want to argue that it takes away of the "mainstream" feeling but it doesn't really support the team. It might be better as a wall breaker or a stall-'mon.

Secondly, I don't see any hazard support nor a Defogger/Spinner. Your Talonflame would die to Rocks in two switch-in's and again, your team is vulnerable to Sticky Web. As most of them are required to hit strong and fast, Sticky Web would easily break this team apart.

Thirdly, all I see (no offense) is a couple of 'mons stuck together proclaiming OFFENSE + WALLS = TEAM. It does not work that way. This team has little synergy and no core. And also, take your time to breed for HP Rock/HP Fire. Those investments are really useful. (HP Fire is relatively better since most of the time, Serperior is stopped by Grass-types not Flying.)

SO, I KNOW THIS SEEMS LIKE COMPLAINING, THAT'S WHY I ALSO BROUGHT SOME ADVICE.

You might want to change Lickilicky to a different 'mon. But if you insist on keeping it, try making it your Stealth Rock lead as it'll probably take a few hit before dying.

MY SUGGESTIONS:
Lickilicky (Type: Medic)
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Tail/Body Slam

OR

Lickilicky (Type: Offensive Support)
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

OR

Lickilicky (Type: Bulk-Offense)
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Since you're already using Talonflame and Serperior, I suggest adding a Water-type to create the G/W/F core. I want to suggest Azumarill for a more bulky attacking Pokemon if Talonflame dies to early due to no support, but Milotic seems like a better choice. It also is superior to Gliscor since Ice-types don't hurt it. (INB4 fcuk Freeze Dry) Or Rotom-W. Yeah. Always think of Rotom-W. Great Pokemon.

For support, you can try using Smeargle/Espeon. Simple leads; one with Screens and one for hazard stacking but Espeon is immune to Taunt and is a heavy hitter.

Talonflame doesn't need that much speed since all it really is using is Bird Spam. Flare Blitz is only viable for Steel-mon's and Ferro, so don't worry. I would suggest to make a change into Bulky Bird since you take less HP recoil from Bird Spam.

ALSO: If you're keen on using Reuniclus, add Focus Blast. Since it already dies to Gengar, Shadow Ball isn't needed. Don't listen to SL about Focus Miss, they don't know nothing about the sheer wreckage on Dark-types.

I HOPE THIS DEDUCTION HELPS. HAPPY TEAMBUILDING.

Well, I read through your post and first of all I did add a water type (Admitedly in a later reply, should have put that into the original post Whoops) in the face of Empoleon.

As for Lickilicky, so far the Sweeper set has been working incredibly well, just because most people expect it to be a set up, and it doesn't rely on speed, but on bulk instead allowing it to KO pokémon that would think they might have an advantage over it.

Also Talonflame doesn't have brave bird, since you did mention it having it. It relies on Acrobatics for damage, and can take an enemy's item to compensate for the lack of Brave Bird damage. And I'm thinking of adding a Defoger/Spiner to the team (maybe replace Gliscor with Donphan, since it pretty much does all the same things).

You are right about adding Focus Miss instead of Shadow Ball, but the problem there is that other psychic types easily wall Reuniclus in that case, it depends on situation, whether you're up against a dark type or a psychic type.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by l0rd ch1mez Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Alright, my bad lol. I was sleepy and didn't read thoroughly. I just noticed that you have Thief Talonflame which is I have to say, interesting. But if you're fast enough (assuming you are), you can mess up Scarf's and Band's easily but if you're stuck on Specs, that's it lol. Empoleon provides good coverage and can be your Rocks + Defogger 'mon lol. Good job.
l0rd ch1mez
l0rd ch1mez
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down