Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy

+8
Zenox-rmp
Hessehl
FutureCreator
TriShade
Pixel Profligate
Zell Justice
CrimsonIgnis
Professor Morel
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy Empty Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy

Post by Professor Morel Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:46 pm

I propose in the interim between now and whenever Season Two of the Jelly RP is released a new Role-Play, a murder mystery. I plan on serving as the narrator and certain NPCs of the story, whilst everyone else would be given created personas in which they attempt to act out. Overall, there are but two main roles to be concerned with: Wolf and Sheep. The sheep's goal is to survive which means figuring out who the killer is before he/she can murder everyone. The wolf's goal is to, well, kill everyone. The available characters for the RP and their respective actors will be posted once the role-players have signed on.

PLOT SUMMARY:
"Guests, friends, family: come one and all to House Winter for the magnificent fifty-eighth birthday party of Alister Faust!" Was a snippet from the invitation to a peculiar group of individuals. Primary among them is one often referred to as the one percent--president of Croix Corp--and it's rumored the party's host wishes to make a business deal with the president of the corporation.

Meanwhile, a pair of thieves have just finished scheming on how and when to sneak into The Manor in search of the enigmatic treasure hidden away inside. But the carefully laid out plans of the thieves and the business dealings of the president all take a turn for the worst when someone ends up very much dead. Leaving is no longer an option, the heavy snowfall has blocked out all roads. Trapped until help can arrive, do those inside House Winter work together to find a way out and discover the killer or do their differences prove too great, allowing the murderer to finish what they started?

RULES:
1) I am the narrator, everyone else is an actor. Each role-player will have free reign of their character while also being given a basic persona to work with in order to authenticate an RP experience. That being said, the players will usually if not always have to reach a majority consensus to allow for significant actions. The result of said actions is then revealed by the narrator.
Crude Example One:
In that example, the players made the choice, but the narrator showed the consequences. This is how the game will play out for important sequences. Minor issues will be left to the discretion of the RPers.

2) Do not reveal your role or persona info. In 'Discord' the murder mystery, each player will be given a role ranging from Sheep to Wolf. While players may make whatever claims they wish in the RP, do not purposefully or otherwise spoil your part in the story. Ruins the fun for everyone else.

3) The Wolf does not kill. As I said previously, players will chose their actions and the narrator will reveal the consequences. However, it is different for the Wolf. Whenever the murder decides to kill a character, they will Private Message me Who and How. Then at the appropriate time, I will reveal the death of said character. Obviously the wolf cannot post the death otherwise everyone will know. But the Wolf will mainly strike during times when the players have chosen who they believe the murderer is. If wrong, the Wolf gets a kill.

4) Accusing randomly will get you killed. Try to have evidence and some form of reasoning--however vague and irrational--because each wrong accusation gives the Wolf another opportunity.

5) Sheep are Sheep, not Goats. If you are given a role, you must play your part. I will explain each selected role to each RPer individually so they understand, but do not try to get everyone killed if you are a Sheep. Your mission is to live and save as many as possible.

DISCORD UPDATE [9/19]:
The updated cast section.
Actors:
The RP is currently running.

Last edited by Professor Morel on Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:29 pm; edited 21 times in total
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy Empty Re: Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy

Post by CrimsonIgnis Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:52 pm

I'm in
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy Empty Re: Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy

Post by Zell Justice Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:57 pm

I am in too dude
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Count me in too.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:05 pm

I definitely want to participate.
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:05 pm

Interesting idea, I'm on board.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hessehl Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:03 pm

Put me on the list.
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:35 pm

I'm in.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by Istas Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:37 am

sure, i'll play
Istas
Istas
Elder Whiscash

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:32 pm

Attention, actors! The update section has been updated.
That is all.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy Empty im in

Post by Karasugaming Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:55 pm

im in
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:58 pm

I'd like to join!
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:18 am

Attention, actors! Do not hesitate to inform me that I failed to send you a WAT questionnaire, but do so in this forum thread.
That is all.

P.S. Curt reminder that Sunday at noon (12:00pm Central Time, I suppose) is the official closing date for actor entries. Please sign up this weekend if you still wish to join.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:50 pm

Idk if im late. vacation and shit. but im in.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Attention, actors! The entry period has ended. Actors yet to have completed their W.A.T.'s (you know who you are), please have them done soon. The first five who joined the RP are now having the character list sent via Private Messaging. Pick your two favorites and your preference of the two. Afterwards, I will send you the important info on the chosen persona. Once the five have chosen, everyone else will be given their persona and necessary information. I'll be sure to post whenever I've sent the selected Personas.

That is all.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy Empty um

Post by Karasugaming Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:29 am

Morel you said that I do not have to but you would appreciate it if I could but I am unable to complete the W.A.T because of other tests and job applications and homework so I cannot complete the W.A.T but would like you to randomize my kind of character. I do not mind.
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:38 am

I understand, Gamer. While I have my preferences, do what you have to do. And I will gladly randomize your character and role if that's what you would prefer. Don't worry about it, and good luck with your work and applications.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy Empty thankyou for understanding

Post by Karasugaming Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:24 pm

even though It seems like Im spending most of my time nuzlocking, youtubing or hanging out with you guys or focusing on my channel I actually really have to get a job so I can actually aford alot of things that I either need or want to get. (damn you expensive drawing tablet) also my school work is pileing up and im actually trying to complete it when im communicating with you guys sometimes xD
but anyways thankyou for understanding morel
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Attention, actors! The update section has been updated.
That is all.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Attention, actors! I have sent out everyone's Persona.
Roles will be coming soon.

That is all.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Attention, actors! Discord: Crying Wolf has begun. In Act 1, Scene 1 the participants are LlamaMinister, Hessehl, and Zenox-RMP. So let's get rolling in order to finish Act 1 and get everyone in the same scene.

That is all.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:30 pm

Attention, actors!

As you may have seen, Discord: Crying Wolf is not dead; however, it is limping somewhat. With school back around, time has not been on my side. Regardless! From where we left off, this is still going.

I'd like to remind the actors present in Act 1, Scene 2 [which is where we presently are] that to move things along and get to the part everyone's been waiting for--you know, the murdering--the cast has to interact with what's going on. So, here's another list of who is in Scene 2:

CrimsonIgnis, Zell Hikaru, TriShade, futurecreator, Istas, 13gamer2000, KittenCutie1, and Yria/Mara LB.

Now, as it's been a while and some people have moved elsewhere, I'd like to make a request. Everyone still interested in participating in the Role-Play who has already joined up, please make a note of it here. I may need to re-plan some things. So yes, I hope this caught your attention.

I'd like to end this message with an apology for my absence. Without getting into details, I am typing this in a prison cell got some stuff going on. And, yeah. That is all.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Discord: Murder Mystery RP Rules & Shock Therapy Empty Morel

Post by Karasugaming Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:15 pm

KC (kitten cutie) is busy with university so she is going to be unable to participate in the RP
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:05 am

Yeah, Kitten is EXTREMELY busy right now, and Istas is kinda done with the forum, so neither of them will be here to partake. I, however, would still like to do this.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:14 am

Woohoo! Discord's back! Yuuuuuuuuss! Well, I am most definitely still interested. I look forward to the continuation of Discord Very Happy .
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next