Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Advice Please.

4 posters

Go down

Team Advice Please. Empty Team Advice Please.

Post by DeltaFrost Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:05 am

Hey guys, I'm working on a fire monotype team at the moment and I'm trying to figure out some good tanks. I'm currently thinking Emboar is a good choice, with Max EVs in HP and Defence and an Assault vest for Sp. Def. Will this work well or is there a better alternative?
Thanks guys.
DeltaFrost
DeltaFrost
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Team Advice Please. Empty Re: Team Advice Please.

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:16 am

Bulky Emboar could be viable (It's not considered a true tank as it has no access to healing, and an assault vest set would disable that anyway).

Really depends on the moveset you want to use with it, actually, because I believe it usually likes to depend on items that let it hit harder. Power-Up Punch could get around this. Emboar's also somewhat slow, but it does get access to Sucker Punch. Basically, the only thing I worry about with running a bulky spread is whether you'll have the power to be as much of a terror as it can be, though I'm sure the Assault Vest will take a few people by surprise.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaFrost Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:25 am

Thanks for the advice, Power-Up Punch and Sucker punch were two moves I have been considering. Then adding Flare Blitz or something similar for STAB - Though Flare Blitz could be a pain because of recoil and no heals - and Thunder punch or Wild charge for coverage.

Addressing the power issues running a bulky spread, I'm training an Emboar with the EVs and items and it still has more than passable physical attack without putting anything into it so I'm not too worried about lack of power.
DeltaFrost
DeltaFrost
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:45 am

As shear defences, I reccomend Camerupt/Mega-Camerupt, though it does have a 4x weakness to water I think it can take a few hits and it definetley packs enough power to hit back.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Heatran is a good wall. It has good defence, special defense and good typing.
I've used a special defensive Ninetales and it worked out pretty good.
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaFrost Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:04 pm

I've thought about Heatran, I'm just really bad at getting Legendaries with stats where I want them xD (Though I think the one I have might have good defense stats, I'll have to double check). I do have a Ninetales on my team and it has good SP. Def especially against water with sun out. And as for Camerupt I've been on the edge about using it, I've never really used one before and I already have my Mega Charizard - Y locked in. Is it bulky enough to take a hit without going mega?
DeltaFrost
DeltaFrost
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down