Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by ThatBritishYoshi Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Hessehl wrote:I'm entering with this sprite of Emma
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Emma_pokemon_by_hessehl-d8ks2ya
Hope you like it!
EDIT: I didn't saw the other Emma(Essentia) sprite until now, I hope that isn't a problem.

This really looks like a blatant copy. I'll take your word for it, but yeah.
ThatBritishYoshi
ThatBritishYoshi
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Hessehl Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:54 pm

It's based on the oficial illustration
Probably the other one is based on the illustration too.
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:57 pm

ThatBritishYoshi wrote:
Hessehl wrote:I'm entering with this sprite of Emma
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Emma_pokemon_by_hessehl-d8ks2ya
Hope you like it!
EDIT: I didn't saw the other Emma(Essentia) sprite until now, I hope that isn't a problem.

This really looks like a blatant copy. I'll take your word for it, but yeah.
I don't thinks so. Just check it on Paint or something.
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty the emma sprites on this forum

Post by Karasugaming Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:57 am

the emma sprites that i have seen on this forum appear to be similar but i have used paint to point out some differences.
left is the 1st one posted (blue colours)
right is the 2nd one posted (red colours)
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Essent10[/img][img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Emma_p10[/img]
the only similarity both sprites have in common is the form of the sprite
the one with the red circles i put on it is a bit skinny and have spaghetti arms. the colors on the mask are brighter then the one that i put blue circles on.

the 2nd one that was made is not a copy of the 1st one that was made and are just made from the trainer art from pokemon X/Y
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Xy_ess10[/img]
now if there was ever going to be a crises of "you stole that sprite/my sprite" it has now been averted thanks to the super sleuth 13gamer2000 A.K.A karasu
^_^

Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:44 am

Holmes, you've cracked the case! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:01 pm

futurecreateor wrote:Holmes, you've cracked the case! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You mean L holmes is soo 200-idk.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:30 pm

What?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:48 pm

* Chough Chough * Death Note * Chough *
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Oh yeah right. I couldn't really get it until now.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:10 pm

(No, I wasn't reading a fanfic last night instead of doing my job- what makes you think that ^-^; ..and I'm totally not watching Nascar right now- Come on Larson- don't let them pass you! *coughs* erm.. right.)

Judging;

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Prof_sycamore_by_crimsonignis-d8jxsux
At first it's not bad looking, but then I stated to notice several things that are somewhat off-looking. First is the outline for the coat- the contrast between the black outline and the much lighter white does not mesh well together, and either the lighter outline should have been darker, or the black should have been a shade of grey. I'd personally lean closer to the former though. Second issue I have is with the arms. They're a bit too short, and with the fact that he's supposed to be wearing a coat, they're much too skinny. Otherwise the rest of the sprite is not bad, but it's held back by those flaws.
C-

BetaX64 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 X_and_10
As usual, I find it hard to find something negative to say about this sprite. The shading is maybe a little bit to close to the style of the official arts (which I've never been a fan of), but in this case it works. I've nothing else to say but good job.
A

ThatBritishYoshi wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 4FWe2bF
Well, I can't say I was expecting this, but it is not unwelcome. As far as the character is concerned, you got one or two small details wrong about the shirt, but regardless of that, it just looks overall somewhat messy. This sprite has the same problem as the Sycamore sprite in that the outline colors are too far apart, and you used the shadow color for the outline on its left arm, when you really should have used the darkest outline color. Also, those hands are not defined enough to be believable as hands. It looks like you tried to hide them, but it doesn't work, and they don't look the part.
D

DracaufeuX wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 293hmjr
For a scratch when you're not comfortable with scratches, it's not horrible, but it's not good either. First off, several large sections lack outline at all, especially the waist area. The arms are misshapen, and the hand on the waist is not executed well either. Just about every area on the sprite could use fixing except maybe the feel and lower legs, which actually look pretty good. Still,  it needs work.
D-

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 209q91i
I'm interested to see that you went with a different pose than the original. From afar it looks a bit off, but up close there aren't any extreme glaring flaws, except maybe the hand holding the pokeball looking like a crab claw. I think the real issue is the amount of contrast between the shading, or rather lack thereof. Greater contrast between the shades would be in the sprites benefit, as right now it looks a bit flat.
B

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Essent11
Forgive me, but I have never in my life played the Looker missions. So, I would have needed to look this one up, but it seems thanks to the other entry, someone's done so for me. Anyhow, The sprite if very accurate (and probably made directly off the official art.) Most of this sprite is fairly good. My one complaint would be with the front arm and hand. The hand is the only thing that doesn't match, and it looks more like a fist, which wouldn't be so much of a problem, except it's not very well defined. also, the arm could use more highlight, because as it is, it doesn't stand out very well against the body.
B+

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Sky_trainer_xy_sprite__edit__by_brawler139-d8klxm2
I have also never done a sky battle (having no or only one flying pokemon in my party obviously means it wouldn't have worked out at the time). Anyhow, regarding the sprite, the first thing I notice is that the sprite is a bit small, closer to the scale of R/S than B/W. Detail-wise, I don't feel that you pulled of the head gear, as I cannot make out what are supposed to be the goggles as such. The area where the legs connect to the body does not flow naturally, and the arms are blocky, with ample double pixelation. Overall, it was a good effort, but wasn't executed to its greatest potential.
D-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Fusodegirlsprite0303_by_yria101-d8kmcro
I.. do not know who this is. Apparently they're in the Battle Chateau?- Mark that up as another part of XY I didn't give a damn about. Anyhow, regardless, this is a good sprite, and also another one I'm having trouble finding any issues with. This still uses the more artwork-style shading, but once again it works here (I'm starting to think that maybe it just doesn't work for the pokemon). I think if I had one tiny nitpick it might be with the face/mouth area, but after staring at anything for a while that'll happen. Nice job.
A

Hessehl wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Emma_pokemon_by_hessehl-d8ks2ya
To think I'd never seen this trainer then I see two in quick succession. (I heard the looker missions were popular, but I still don't care.) Now I know people were throwing speculation around, but I can tell these are different sprites. Similarities are just what happens when multiple people make sprites based off  existing art. Looking at the sprite, I notice a few things that are a bit off. First, the arms are a bit too slim, even for wearing a tight-fitting suit. The hands are also troubled, and don't look like hands. I do like the slightly stronger contrast for shading, but there's a spot on the leg where it's too bright- the use of white was unneeded. There's also one odd pixel sticking off the chest, and two off the leg.
B-

1st; BetaX64, Yria/Mara LB
2nd; futurecreateor
3rd; LlamaMinister

Next round- Revamp a 2nd gen sprite.
End Date; 3/14

Last edited by Dragon Arbock on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty Reply with quote Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [2nd gen revamp, 3/14]

Post by Brawler139 Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Ehh. It's okay. This was actually my first attempt at a trainer sprite. Yeah, I noticed that it was looking a little smaller than the other submissions, but I went with it anyway. I guess that the sprite sheet I was using was small? Honestly, I know that I could do a lot better, but since I had little to no experience working with trainers, it only came out mediocre. I figured that some details would be left out, but I didn't know how to fix it. I made the goggles from scratch and I tried my best to make it (I also have little experience with scratching something). Oh well, I looking forward for the next round though.
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 4q20jl
It's a Rapidash...just in case you couldn't tell...I don't know why I'm still typing...stop reading already... tongue
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Brawler139 wrote:Ehh. It's okay. This was actually my first attempt at a trainer sprite. Yeah, I noticed that it was looking a little smaller than the other submissions, but I went with it anyway. I guess that the sprite sheet I was using was small? Honestly, I know that I could do a lot better, but since I had little to no experience working with trainers, it only came out mediocre. I figured that some details would be left out, but I didn't know how to fix it. I made the goggles from scratch and I tried my best to make it (I also have little experience with scratching something). Oh well, I looking forward for the next round though.

It's alright- you were probably working with a R/S/E sprite sheet (and something about the sprite reminds me of a trainer from those games, but I can't place who.) I understand not having as much experience with trainers as well, since most people like to work with the pokemon- Jem being the first outlier I've seen.

Also, to everyone- I mean not to be harsh, I only mean to tell the truth so that you may learn as best you can. I'd be cheating you if I didn't point out where you could improve. cat
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty my gen 2 revamped sprite

Post by Karasugaming Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Its a lugia i was gonna do celebi but meh i decided to do a legendary beast instead of a pixie
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 249_co10" />
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 <a href=Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 24910" />

Edit: did celebi anyways but lugia is my entry.
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Gen_2_10[/img] [img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Spr_2c10[/img]

Last edited by 13gamer2000 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added another sprite but its not the entry)
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [2nd gen revamp, 3/14]

Post by Brawler139 Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Dragon Arbock wrote:
It's alright- you were probably working with a R/S/E sprite sheet (and something about the sprite reminds me of a trainer from those games, but I can't place who.) I understand not having as much experience with trainers as well, since most people like to work with the pokemon- Jem being the first outlier I've seen. cat

Actually the weird thing is, is that I was using entirely a Gen V sprite sheet. I didn't mess with any of the image settings. I guess the person who made the sheet made all the trainers smaller then.
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:06 pm

My submission shall be Blastoise!

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Blastoise_by_crimsonignis-d8kzk3s
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hessehl Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm submiting Ho-oh

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Latest?cb=20100411194355&format=webpSilver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Ho_oh_revamp_by_hessehl-d8kzoo8

I tried to make it look more like the Heart Gold/Soul Silver version, so some things are modified including it's size.
Hessehl
Hessehl
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:19 am

This is my third round entry - Sneasel.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Weavil12
I used the Gold and Silver sprite so it has a different colour pallet. If it doesn't count here is a regular colour pallet, but if the first one is okay it will be my entry.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Weavil13

Last edited by futurecreateor on Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I said it was Weavile, it is not)
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty Cubone Revamp

Post by ThatBritishYoshi Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 FrZWoFt

A Cubone revamp. That is all.
ThatBritishYoshi
ThatBritishYoshi
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty My Submission

Post by Kiriyawave Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:27 pm

My submission is Miltank Wink

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Miltank%20Revamp_zpscppwy8cg

Kiriyawave
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty Slowpoke Silver Revamp

Post by Leopardmask Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:12 am

One of my absolute favorite 2nd gen sprites of all time - heck, one of my favorite sprites period - and my favorite revamp that I've done.
D'awwww.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 29nhuu8
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty Just a question

Post by Jathavan Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Are revamps of second gen trainers allowed or is it just Pokemon sprites
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:52 pm

Jathavan wrote:Are revamps of second gen trainers allowed or is it just Pokemon sprites

Hm, I've only ever seen one person do that before, but I guess if you'd want to, I never said no. (;
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Giovani_and_lance_by_jathavansiva-d8l71p5
I mean these are not the best sprites ever but you know you win some and you rush some. Wink

Last edited by Jathavan on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : U mm I didn't edit anything it was an accident.)
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 Empty Pika !

Post by Zell Justice Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:53 pm

This is my entry PIKACHU :

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 5 2iw155u
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 26  Next