Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Umbreon - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 25 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:00 pm

After a bunch of splicing, retooling, and scratching I finally finished the Rocker class from Gen 1 and FRLG.

Umbreon - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 25 Rocker_by_crimsonignis-d96vpii
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Umbreon - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 25 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by FutureCreator Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:49 am

Just to let you guys know, I can't judge this round, nor can I participate (away with no computer).
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:39 am

Is the contest over?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:17 am

I think it pretty much is. People don't have as much free time as we did this summer, so continuing the contest when we only get about 2 or 3 entries a round is kinda pointless.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Umbreon - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 25 Empty Wow I missed a lot

Post by Leopardmask Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:22 pm

I was gone for a while, but I also haven't gotten email updates on this thread for some reason, so I forgot about it and now I realize it's still going strong! IDK why I'm not getting alerts anymore though...
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:28 pm

You probably accidentally clicked the "Stop watching this topic" button by accident when trying to click to another page of the thread. You should be able to turn it back on somehow though I'm not sure of how. Hope this helps!

TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:38 pm

You turn it back on by replying to the topic
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:39 pm

CrimsonIgnis wrote:You  turn it back on by replying to the topic

Huh, I guess you can - I just got an email about this response Razz
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:10 am

I don't think it is going strong anymore, to be honest. In fact, I think this contest it pretty much over for now. None of the judges really have the time to judge, and a lot of members don't have the time to make sprites, so I'm afraid it is over. I'll try to start up a new contest in/around December, but until then, well done to everyone who took part, and I can't wait to see y'all next contest.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:28 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:I don't think it is going strong anymore, to be honest. In fact, I think this contest it pretty much over for now. None of the judges really have the time to judge, and a lot of members don't have the time to make sprites, so I'm afraid it is over. I'll try to start up a new contest in/around December, but until then, well done to everyone who took part, and I can't wait to see y'all next contest.

Gah- I'm sorry- jut as I thought I was going to get a bit of time off I got busy again for another week and a half.

If everyone wants to take a bit of a hiatus because of school or whatever, we can do that- if not, we could just have a few open rounds while I try to fish for other interested parities (which might be a shot in the dark, but worth a try).

Edit; oh, and since it looks like the last round needs to be judged, I'll see what I can do tonight.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Yeah, I feel like a hiatus is going to have to take place, since not only has the contest been slowly coming to a halt, and Kitten, Future, and I are kinda busy, but since school is starting up soon, this contest would become more of a distraction than anything, at least for most people. My schedule frees up A LOT around December, so maybe it could start up again, unless everyone is still busy, but at least this way, you won't have to do all/most of the judging yourself again.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:49 am

Around december would be a good idea. Since there are vacation ect.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Umbreon - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 25 Empty Question;

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:41 pm

Alright, presuming everyone is still busy, we won't start up the weekly rounds again until December, but.. I had an idea-
How about a month-long round where the theme is something to do with Halloween? Would anyone be interested in that in the meantime?
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:43 pm

I'm up for a Halloween themed round
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:47 pm

I would be...if I had a working computer...
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Up for it as in rating or simply supplying a sprite? No matter. I would be interested in participating, as well.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:31 pm

Yeah, pretty much an interest check to see who is available and who would like to participate.
..I also have a fun little idea that involves pumpkins, but you'll see once I finish my end of that.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:19 am

I am so up for a continuation! It was really exciting to wait for next week's sprite challange, and it really helped me grow as a spriter. So, yes, definetly up for it!
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:40 am

I say I'd like to continue too. Even if my spriting level is ... Is what it is Razz .
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:48 am

I'd love to join in agian.
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:33 pm

I guess I'd participate as well.
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Umbreon - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 25 Empty I'll continue

Post by Karasugaming Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:40 pm

I'll continue but depending on the theme of the spriting contest (for each part of it) im going to have to see which ones surpass my limit
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:03 am

Ok, since the general consensus is 'yes', let's try this out.

There will be two general rounds- you can choose to do one or the other, or both;

The first assignment is to create a halloween themed sprite. It can be anything from dressing up a pokemon, to spriting something creepy like an SCP or any other eerie character (for example Totheark for Marble Hornets or the Nazguls form the Lord of The Rings), or even scratch spriting gen 6 'spooky' pokemon like Noibat and Pumkaboo. Revamps of older 'spooky' pokemon are allowed too. (I guess I should specify that 'spooky' pokemon include bats, rats, snakes, spiders, and ghost).

The second, bonus assignment is to 'carve' this pumpkin I have created just for this;
Umbreon - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 25 2lnz8zn
Basically, your assignment is to carve something into it, the more creative the better, and then light it up and set it out in the night (you want to make it look darker and that your carved regions are actually glowing).
For example, pictures of a real pumpkin I did last year;
(in the light) and (in the dark)

Deadline is the 31st; Have fun~

[Edit; I totally mentioned this to Jem, and if anyone does the pumpkins he'd be interested in looking at them- No 100% guarantee, but if you want the chance I recommend getting the pumpkins done at least a week early]
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Umbreon - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 25 Empty well this was easy

Post by Karasugaming Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:29 am

well this was easy instead of just carving for a candle in it I imprinted a Noibat onto it (no hollowness on purpose) [img]Umbreon - Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 25 Noibat10[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:28 am

Gamer, it's supposed to be glow in the dark. I mean, you can partially sculpt and shave them and such, but they still need an internal light source.
(Also not sure how I feel about you using someone else's Noibat sprite, but..)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next