Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:50 pm

Man, I almost forgot to submit this but here it is, Noivern. I tried getting the pallet to be 15 colors like the PMD mugshot, but I have a version with more than just 15 colors if you'd like to see it instead.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Noivern_by_crimsonignis-d94y2oo
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Zenox-rmp Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:15 pm

No, we don't wanna see it. Wink tongue
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:21 pm

Sorry if I screwed up the judging but here!
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Mcharx10
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:32 am

I can do the judging for this since I'm not participating this round. I'll do it first thing tomorrow.
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:13 am

My turn to judge~

FutureCreator wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Zygrad11

This is fairly good. The shading is consistent although the shading on the back fins looks off. It's just straight when it should curve around to fit the shape better. The fin on the side of the head doesn't seem accurate. You also could have used more shades in order to fit the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon style better, but other than that, it's a decent sprite.
B+

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 C25e762bf8448361e274d1bed633d5d0-d94sjzr

Not bad, but there are a few flaws. You could've gotten away with having the goopy stuff under its chin a slightly darker color because as it is now, it blends into background and makes it hard to distinguish. There are also some issues with the shading. You have a highlight on the head, making the light source look like it's coming in from the top right. But then there are highlights on the top left side of the large antennae, making the light source look like it's coming in from the top left. There's too little use of a darker shade for shadow, much less multiple shades in order to fit the style. The outline looks like it's double pixelated as well. Even though it's technically the style, it looks off, especially with the lack of multiple shades. Anatomically, the eye is too small and the small antenna that's farther away is larger than the one that's closer to us when it should be the other way around due to perspective. The head also doesn't look attached to the neck, but that can be fixed by getting rid of some pixels and making the space between the neck and the head open instead of closed.
C

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Noivern_by_crimsonignis-d94y2oo

Overall, this sprite came out pretty nicely. You have enough shades to fit the style, but the shading looks awkward in places. The outline also looks double pixelated because the two shades used are a bit too close together. It also makes the outline appear jagged and squared off in places instead of sharp.
B+

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Mcharx10

I can tell this is the sprite from Charizard. Overall it looks good.The shading is decent, however there are a few flaws. There's a highlight on the back of the wing that shouldn't be there. It should be shadow instead to keep the light source consistent. The fire could be fixed, too, with maybe making the center bigger and adding a highlight shade and coloring the outline blue instead of gray.
B

1st; FutureCreator, CrimsonIgnis
2nd; VerysBlade
3rd; Yria/Mara LB

Next round - Create a Gen 3 trainer sprite
End date - 8/16

-Notes; Size limit is 64x64
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Empty Entry

Post by Karasugaming Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Finally something I can participate in
I used brendan as a base to create Gen 3 karasu
I recoloured brendan, erased his backpack and added the scarf. I think this is one of my best works.
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Gen_3_10[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:54 pm

Here's a devamp of one of my favorite of my characters:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Anna_g10
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomUncertainty Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:25 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 6xkxWue
RandomUncertainty
RandomUncertainty
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:41 pm

Just so everyone knows, I'll be judging this round.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:08 pm

Okay, I'll start judging later today, but just so people don't have to wait to start the next round, the next round is to make a Gen 5 style sprite for a normal trainer class (like a Gen 3 FR/LG Lass) of a different generation unless they already have a similar Gen 4 or 5 adaptation (Also like the FR/LG Lass).

So, as an example, it would be taking the design of the Pokemon Emerald Ace/Cool Trainer, and making a Gen 5 sprite with that outfit and style.

Last edited by LlamaMinister on Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:06 pm

Just a random dude I came with. I, again, went with a 15 color pallet, which are taken from a multitude of FRLG sprites.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Random_gen_3_dude_by_crimsonignis-d95yprj
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:05 pm

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Gen_3_10

This looks alright at first glance, but upon further inspection, it has some problems. Firstly, the part of the scarf that's wrapped around his neck seems to cut infront of his head. Also, the rest of the scarf looks really stiff and it doesn't flow naturally. The dark, outline shade on the skin tone isn't dark enough, and it's hard to distinguish from the other shades. The sleeve on the arm that is extended downward is really, really thin around where his elbow should be, which gives the arm really weird looking proportions. The front pant leg is also almost pillow shaded, which just doesn't look super good. I would suggest just messing with the outlines and not making them all black. The shoes also look a little weird, but I can't really explain what feels weird about them. Also, the jacket looks like it would be ridiculously tight on his torso. Overall, I really see the effort, but some things could use some fixing, while others just need some small tweaking.

C+

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Anna_g10

This one is pretty solid, but there are a few things that need some fixing. Firstly, the bottom of the dress looks really boxy and square, and it doesn't seem to curve quite right with the body. The arm that is resting on her hip looks like it's missing some outline pixels because of those two dark skin tone colored pixels on her forearm. They look out of place like that. Also, the shading on the left leg (her right leg) makes it look like it is suppost to be bending backwards, but the shading on the boot doesn't reflect that, and it makes the leg look like it's bending all weird. Also, just as a minor nitpick, but the hair could have benefited from one more shade of grey. Overall, it looks really well done, but the bigger flaws are really holding it back.

B-

RandomUncertainty wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 6xkxWue

Before anything, please don't post sprites with a transparency. It just gets annoying to remove.

This sprite looks really good, and it's hard to find flaws in it, but I'm sure gonna try. The first thing I noticed is that this sprite looks tall, at least by Gen 3 standards. It does fit into the size limit, so I can't knock off any points for it, but it feels like it would look out of place in a Gen 3 game. One thing that definitely seems to be lacking a lot is any black outlining, and while I understand not wanting to use it much (I do that myself when it comes to sprites), it's outlining looks more like a Gen 5 style. However, the shading on the hair looks really Gen 3 style, so good on ya there. The shading between the thighs and the skirt really bugs me because there should be some shade being given off by the skirt, no matter how tight it is, but there isn't any here. Also, the shading on the right side of the skirt doesn't match up with the accompanying leg. Other than those, there isn't much I can say. It's really good, but some things here and there need to be ironed out.

B+

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Sindy_gen_3_sprite_by_yria101-d95spfr

(I had a nice, big ol' paragraph typed up, then it decided to vanish, so this'll be short and sweet and to the point.)

Firstly, this sprite is massively tall for a third gen sprite. While it fits in the size constraints, it still looks more like a Gen 4 sprite. The raised arm looks too short compared to the other arm. The shading on the right pant leg looks really haphazard and weird, whereas the other leg, the shading is mostly nonexistent. The hand on the lowered arm looks off, and the outline on the back of that arm doesn't match how the light would be shining on it. The mid-shade of purple on the shirt looks too dark, too. Overall, I see the effort, but it doesn't quite hit the mark.

C

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Random_gen_3_dude_by_crimsonignis-d95yprj

Well, to be honest, I have nothing really to say other than the raised arm looks too long. Other than that, this is a really solid Gen 3 sprite. The shading and the outlines match really well to what the official stuff is. Well done Crim.

A

1st: CrimsonIgnis
2nd: RandomUncertainty
3rd: VerysBlade

Next Round:

Make an old trainer class design (like the Gen 1 Psychic, or the Gen 3 R/S/E Rich Kid) into a Gen 5 style that doesn't already have a Gen 5 or 4 official sprite (Like the FR/LG Lass).

Notes:
-This is not a revamp.
-Don't choose any class designs from Gen 4. Only designs from Gen 1 - Gen 3
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:11 am

Transparency is annoying, but the PrntScrn (print screen) button is your friend ^-^
(Okay I'll shut up and go back to breaking my skull over trying to figure out how to title the thread for this round.)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:13 pm

So, I did the expert class. Hope I didnt do so bad.
(And that other people will join this round.)

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Expert_class_revamp_by_yria101-d96qql4

http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Expert-class-revamp-555520792
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:00 pm

After a bunch of splicing, retooling, and scratching I finally finished the Rocker class from Gen 1 and FRLG.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Rocker_by_crimsonignis-d96vpii
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:49 am

Just to let you guys know, I can't judge this round, nor can I participate (away with no computer).
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:39 am

Is the contest over?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:17 am

I think it pretty much is. People don't have as much free time as we did this summer, so continuing the contest when we only get about 2 or 3 entries a round is kinda pointless.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 24 Empty Wow I missed a lot

Post by Leopardmask Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:22 pm

I was gone for a while, but I also haven't gotten email updates on this thread for some reason, so I forgot about it and now I realize it's still going strong! IDK why I'm not getting alerts anymore though...
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:28 pm

You probably accidentally clicked the "Stop watching this topic" button by accident when trying to click to another page of the thread. You should be able to turn it back on somehow though I'm not sure of how. Hope this helps!

TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:38 pm

You turn it back on by replying to the topic
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leopardmask Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:39 pm

CrimsonIgnis wrote:You  turn it back on by replying to the topic

Huh, I guess you can - I just got an email about this response Razz
Leopardmask
Leopardmask
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:10 am

I don't think it is going strong anymore, to be honest. In fact, I think this contest it pretty much over for now. None of the judges really have the time to judge, and a lot of members don't have the time to make sprites, so I'm afraid it is over. I'll try to start up a new contest in/around December, but until then, well done to everyone who took part, and I can't wait to see y'all next contest.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:28 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:I don't think it is going strong anymore, to be honest. In fact, I think this contest it pretty much over for now. None of the judges really have the time to judge, and a lot of members don't have the time to make sprites, so I'm afraid it is over. I'll try to start up a new contest in/around December, but until then, well done to everyone who took part, and I can't wait to see y'all next contest.

Gah- I'm sorry- jut as I thought I was going to get a bit of time off I got busy again for another week and a half.

If everyone wants to take a bit of a hiatus because of school or whatever, we can do that- if not, we could just have a few open rounds while I try to fish for other interested parities (which might be a shot in the dark, but worth a try).

Edit; oh, and since it looks like the last round needs to be judged, I'll see what I can do tonight.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next