Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:01 pm

(Okay.. looks like I was horribly wrong about everything having settled down.. considering what my b*tch of a mother just did.. I hate to ask, but anybody want to take last round too? I don't think I'll be able to compose until I know what happens at the hearing tomorrow.)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by FutureCreator Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:14 pm

If you mean the OWs, I'd be happy to judge those.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Here's my entry!

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Ud2LY3v
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:36 pm

Yeah, thanks, Future.

(Oh, I forgot to mention, to whoever judges the round that ends tonight, you get to pick the topic for the next round.)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:37 pm

Here's my submission

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Pyrodapi_by_crimsonignis-d920ai8
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:31 am

Ok so I judged every submission, except mine, which LlamaMinister did, enjoy.

FutureCreateor, Judged by LlamaMinister:
CrimsonIgnis, Judged by FutureCreateor:
KittenCutie1, Judged by FutureCreateor:
Yria/Mara LB, Judged by FutureCreateor:
LlamaMinister, Judged by FutureCreateor:
Zell Hikaru, Judged by FutureCreateor:
BetaX, Judged by FutureCreateor:

1st: BetaX, KittenCutie1
2nd: LlamaMinister, CrimsonIgnis
3rd: Yria/Mara LB, Futurecreateor
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:54 pm

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Corpan10
Hmm...this one is interesting. Firstly, I have to say, it isn't an even fusion since it's mostly just Blitzel. Also, if you didn't say that Pansage or Corphish were in this fusion, it wouldn't be easy to tell that they were. The main problem is that you picked (or rather, were randomly given) three Pokemon that wouldn't fuse well, but you gave it a hardy effort. As for the sprite itself, it isn't all that bad. The crown/spikey crest thing looks okay, but the farthest right spike looks weird near the bottom because its black outline blends with the black outline of the next spike. Also, the back spike on the torso has shading that doesn't match the light source for the rest of the sprite. The tuft of fur on its neck should also have some more shading since the head would be obstructing the light. This was a solid effort, but it was just a fusion that wouldn't work well.

C+

Professor Morel wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Mi8QiFv
I don't know how, but you made this work somewhat. I can tell easily two of the Pokemon you used, and the third, I can easily identify the line it's from. As for splitting it evenly, you tried. As for the sprite itself, it's alright, but I have some gripes with it. For one, the red triangle on the lower torso looks stuck on there because of those three light pixels. They don't blend with the black, and it doesn't mesh well because of that. Another problem I have is with the tail, and it's that it looks really stiff and awkward. Another thing is that above the blue hand, there are two black pixels that look like double pixelation (even though I know they are from the wing), and it doesn't look right. The right wing could have also done with some additional shading, and you also missed a mid grey pixel in that wing too, near the top. I will say, I really like the new colors you added to this sprite (the black and the purple), because they work really well. This sprite is pretty solid.

B-

VerysBlade wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Cheaso10
Well, I was told by multiple people that your original submission was changed to this after you submitted the first one, which violates the rules. I'm sorry, but this can't be judged this round.

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Scizor_lucario_blazekin_by_jathavansiva-d91s5ax
Hmm...while I can tell what three Pokemon you used are, they weren't fused well. Firstly, Scizor's abdomen doesn't blend into the legs. Next, there is a big gap between where the neck is and where the claw arm is, which is much farther then the distance on the other arm, and it just looks unnatural. Also, the shading on the chest is very nonsensical and it makes it look really awkward. The head also doesn't naturally blend into the neck fur stuff, and just looks plastered over what used to be there. However, I do like what you did with the face to give it Lucario's face marking.

C-

Brawler139 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Soul_eater_trio_by_brawler139-d91u8m5
This fusion is...interesting. It's a pretty even fusion, and that's all well and good, but they weren't fused the best. Most of the sprite doesn't mesh super well, but it's semi acceptable, but Dewott's head just doesn't mesh with the rest of the sprite, making it stand out, but not in a good way. Maybe using the lighter color here and there on the head could have meshed it better. Another problem I have is that the outline grey is not dark enough to stand out against the darker grey in the shading, and this is really noticeable on the far back leg. The blue used around Haunter's hands would have benefited from being either brighter or lighter. It's not the worst, but it could have been better.

C

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Ud2LY3v
Yeah, this is about what I expected from you. It's not as even as some of the other entries, but it's pretty close. There are some details that I really that you added in, too, like the tattered dress. It looks really good, but there are some things that this sprite could have benefited from. Firstly, I feel the brim of the hat needs more shading around the right side. Also, while the lighter purple works well for the flames, it doesn't work as well for the rest of it. It is just too bright compared to the next darker shade, and it doesn't quite match up colorwise. Also, the little line in the hat flame, while I know it's supposed to be the edge of the hat, it just looks kinda out of place. Other than those, this sprite is really solid. Nice work.

B+

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Pyrodapi_by_crimsonignis-d920ai8
Well, this has some ups and some downs. I'll start with the ups. It is fused together very well, and really fits what you were going for (a Manticore). The colors, while I don't really think they fit "Manticore", look really good on it too. But now we delve into the downs. The fusion I hardly an even one, being as it's mostly just Pyroar. Some of the shading seems really weird, too. My main shading problem is with the mane. More should have been used on the right side of it to more accurately show the standard Pokemon light source location. Right now, it seems like it moved to the right a bit. Also, while this is more of a minor gripe, the one claw on the front (our right) doesn't look too much like a claw, and looks more like the finger from Aerodactyl's wing. It could have benefited from just looking sharper. Otherwise, it's pretty nice.

B+

First Place : KittenCutie1, CrimsonIgnis
Second Place : Professor Morel
Third Place : futurecreator

Next Round : Well, lets try something a bit...different. This round will be a "free" round as you can make any sprite you want, but it has to fit into the NES sprite limitations. These are:

- The sprite must fit into a 32x32 pixel size.

- The sprite can only have a maximum of 5 colors, and one of those has to be black. So, black and 4 other colors.

We are just testing the waters with this round so we can break people out of their comfort zone a bit. Have fun.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:39 am

There are NES sprites that don't include black, what about those?
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:32 am

Here is my entry - Cupid. It's 16x16
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Cupid10
Here is a 4 times larger version.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Cupid_10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomUncertainty Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:09 am

A new form of Unown has just been discovered...

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 5QvTf8Y
RandomUncertainty
RandomUncertainty
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 am

futurecreateor wrote:There are NES sprites that don't include black, what about those?
True, but those are early NES sprites. Near the end of its life, all sprites had black.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:04 pm

Does white count as different colour?
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Unless it's meant to be in the background, yes.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:06 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Nes_gohan_ssj2_by_jathavansiva-d92gjk3
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:45 pm

"X marks the spot!"
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 PTD1GNU

My contest entry, 32x(<24).
Colors: Black, Gray, Silver, White, Red.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Hey, I remembered I can enter rounds now.
Have a tiny Flygon;
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 10dgjlf
(I couldn't think of anything else)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:16 pm

So, who will judge this round? I can if no one is up for it.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:18 pm

I won't because I need to actually sleep tonight, and I'm pretty busy next week in general.Plus, I judged the last round.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:29 pm

Uhm guys, someone update the scoreboard and past rounds archive please.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:52 pm

futurecreateor wrote:Uhm guys, someone update the scoreboard and past rounds archive please.

S'alright. Sorry.
(Also, when is Kitten getting her trial by fire I mean shot at judging?)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:54 pm

Probably next round just cause she is really busy this week.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:45 pm

Here is my entry!

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 F2eqW41

And yes, I can do the judging for next week. This week has been hectic ._.U
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Empty Entry

Post by Karasugaming Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:24 am

Well haven't posted anything in the competition seeing as its supposedly A free round with 2 extended rules I made karasu within the guidelines of the rules.
[img]Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Karasu14[/img]
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Someone needs to judge my sprite, beacause I'm starting on the judging right now.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:32 pm

RandomUncertainty wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 5QvTf8Y
This sprite is quite interesting, it doesn’t really look like something that would fit into an NES game, and I also find your choice to use only 4 colours quite peculiar. What buggs me is that this is just the A and B unown’s sprites form Pokémon Crystal fused together. Overall no noitceable flaws because of the simplistic design, but no pints for originality either.

B-

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Nes_gohan_ssj2_by_jathavansiva-d92gjk3
Well this is a very nice sprite, it fits very nicely in the NES style of sprite. The first thing I notice that is wrong however is that it is 33x29, which means it is one pixel over the limit, this is something that can very easily be fixed however. The only other thing I can see wrong is the right foot as the bend could have been done better. Other than that it might have been better to make the belt blue at the expense of the brown, though it is a design preffrence and doesn’t take away from the design.

B

Dragon Arbock wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 10dgjlf)
Well it certainly is cute and it does seem like something that would come form an NES game. The only thing I can see that needs fixing is the tail tip, being less twisted upwards. Other than that this sprite is greatly done.

A-

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 F2eqW41
This is a very nice little transformation of your avatar, but I can’t help but think you could have made some changes, most notably you could have added a skin tone instead of white and made the sword gray, or instead just outline the sword gray. Thes sprite follows a stylized look, so there is nothing else I can see that would make it better than it already is. Good work

B+

Dragon Arbock wrote:
futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Cupid10

Now, I know you were limited with colors, but what I notice right away is just how  drastically the black sticks out against the rest of the sprite. This is mostly because the rest of the sprite uses colors that are too light. A way to help alleviate this might have been to make the base hair color darker, and then use the lighter skin color as a highlight for it. Also, you sorta restricted yourself further than you needed to, by doing a 16x16 as opposed to 32x32, making the details hard to discern, like the arms, since there's limited room to define them. Overall, I feel this sprite would have turned out better if of a larger scale.
C

Disqualified for this round:
13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Karasu14
Firstly you, for some innexplicable reason, decided to make the sprite 22x19 which is just bizzare to me. This is however not the reason you were disqualified. Appearantly you didn’t post an entry within the guidelines of the contest seeing as, you made the sprite with 5 colours other than black – them being blue, beige, gray, dark gray, brown and ofcourse black. Sorry but you’re disqualified for this round.

Professor Morel wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 PTD1GNU
This would have been a good sprite, were it not for the fact that, as it seems it was saved as a JPG. So now there are far more than 5 colours and the sprite is blurred, so unfortunatly I’ll have to disqualify you for that. Check the file extension before uploading next time please.

1st. DragonArbock
2nd. KittenCutie1
3rd Jathavan

Next round:
Make a sprite of a pokemon in the style of the Pokémon Ranger series of games.
-The pokémon you choose may not have already appeared in the games (some gen 4 and all of gen 5 and 6 pokemon are viable)
-The pokemon must be facing twoards the viewer (e.g.Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Aeroda10 ) and not facing away form them (e.g.Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 23 Aeroda11 )

Due date: August 2nd 2015
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next