Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Made Aida from Ascensions ^^.
Note: I left some details out becuse it looked packed/ it looked out of place.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Aida__ascensions_by_yria101-d8zwx3r

And I finally got myself a signature XD.

http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Aida-Ascensions-544051863?ga_submit_new=10%253A1436034893

Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:28 pm

I made both "forms" of The Eye of Cthulhu from Terraria

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Eye_of_cthulhu_by_crimsonignis-d8zygsv
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:54 am

I'm so sorry this is late! >.< My parents decided to drag me out of the house for 5 hours just when I was about to finish this. Anyway here is my entry. I did the Cheshire Cat (hood off version) from Alice Mare. References I used for him can be found [here], [here], and [here].

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 HYjdkDb
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:11 am

My dad draged me out with no internet for 2 days so sorry for being late. If I was too late you can just not judge mine...
Here is War's appearance in The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 War10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:42 pm

futurecreateor wrote:My dad draged me out with no internet for 2 days so sorry for being late. If I was too late you can just not judge mine...
Nono, it's okay, I'm super late too because holiday weekend and the need to participate in said activities.

(Judging I shall do first thing tomorrow morning, but for now;)
Next round- create a set (front, back, left, right- no real need for the animation frames) of 4th gen style overworlds; these can either be for your trainer character, or any npc that does not appear in a 4th gen game, that would thus not have 4th gen overworlds and therefore could use some.
End date- 7/11
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:10 pm

*Quietly inserts judging*

LlamaMinister wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 YUhmwke
My primary complaint is that, without knowing what the character is supposed to look like, I couldn't immediately tell what were the legs. Now that I see them, it's easier to tell, but the somewhat cluttered look down there lead to the initial confusion. I think what would help is to add greater contrast between all the shades on the legs, including a darker colored outline. Speaking of outline, the one knee seems to jut out a bit too far- the outline could use some smoothing rather than the abrupt jump to the two single diagonal pixels. Other than the legs, the arms also look too short,- I can see what you did on your process, but all the details on the sprite make the body look like it has more weight to it, so the arms just suffer from it. Other than that, the sprite looks fairly good. The red cloak might be shaded in a bit too detailed of a way for pokemon style, but that's not too much of a detracting factor.
B

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Ib10
Ok, not too bad, but there are issues. For one, you used way too much black outline, which is very apparent on the white shirt, and the one spot where you used non-black, you used the shadow color of the white, instead of a new, darker outline color, so it's entirely too light. The shape of the outline is also a mess in places- the arms are a bit noodly, rather than being properly defined, and the hands, especially the one not obscured by the rose, needs work. In terms of design, the shirt comes down too far and covers too much of the skirt. the socks have no outline because they're solid black, and the hair doesn't have much of any shading, due to having a tiny bit of highlight, but no shadow color. And, with the shading on the shirt, it's atypical of pokemon light source, and doesn't quite seem to match up with the rest of the sprite anyway.
C-

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Aida__ascensions_by_yria101-d8zwx3r
Oi, I'm having trouble finding a reference for the exact outfit anyway, so I'll just worry about what you have given me here. Regardless, the one thing I do notice is that this sprite looks somewhat androgynous, when I believe the character is supposed to be clearly female. Possibly more contourus shading on the chest, and a bit softer expression in the face would help, but it's not too much of an issue. What I do see though is the arms, which look like they curve like Harry Potter's arm when Lockhart poofed away his bones- That is to say, they have no elbow joints, which unfortunately detracts from what was otherwise not such a bad sprite in its totality. (I like your signature badge by the way ;p)
B

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Eye_of_cthulhu_by_crimsonignis-d8zygsv
..this is actually terrifying. Anyway, For the most part, this set of sprites is nicely detailed, though I'd say the mouth one takes the cake. The morn normal looking eye falls a bit short of the other, as a larger amount of the white is exposed which has subpar contrast between the shades compared to the rest of the details on the sprite. Overall it's not bad though, and the mouth one is more than enough to stand on its own.
A

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 HYjdkDb
For the most part, this is actually really nice, in typical fashion. What bothers me though, is the detailing with the colored side of the face. From afar it comes off as a weird plate-type thing because of the ear, which might have benefited from being separated from the face by a lock of hair. Also, a slightly pinker, fleshier color like the original would help distinguish it, and otherwise the sprite teeters on the edge of feeling very monochromatic.
A-

futurecreateor wrote:
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 War10
(Okay it's safe to say this unnerves me too). Regardless, this is a pretty nice sprite. (technically it's over color limit, but we don't really care about that here). I find the use of black on the side of the staff strange since you refused to use any black for outlines anywhere else except the teeth. It's hard to find something more constructive to comment on since the character itself is already so stylized.. the most I can say it the shading is a bit overly simple and minimalistic due to you focusing half of your shades in the outline, but the staff having a smaller surface area to cover looks pretty sharp- it's just the main body color that has the problem, as I feel the shading wasn't used to its fullest potential and doesn't quite conform to the body shape (like fore example the side away from the light should be in shadow, and it would help give shape to the body).
B-

1st; CrimsonIgnis
2nd; KittenCutie1
3rd; LlamaMinister, Yria/Mara LB

(and I already had mentioned about the next round- now to finish the judging screenings)
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:11 pm

Well, since these are already done, and my computer is being the worst thing ever, here are OWs I made for Tri's RP sprite.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 NmFQC2N
-hopes the next round is something else he has access to without need of his computer-
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by BetaX Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:25 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Wolfy_10
BetaX
BetaX
Lucario Rank

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Ignore the sprites that aren't the OWs they're just there for reference.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Ashley_ows_by_crimsonignis-d90qcfw

Note: Sprites were made by me but the character was created by a friend of mine, AwkwardlyBored
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:34 am

I did ow's for my trainer sprite. (Yes I have a other mugshot. And yes the arm looks weird and yes its kinda wip.)
This will be the last time im participating (vacation) I will be back in 3 weeks.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Yria_sprite_sheet__by_yria101-d90uez0

http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Yria-Sprite-Sheet-545614668?ga_submit_new=10%253A1436625136&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:56 am

This is my entry , Tran's OW ! Enjoy !

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 150711055729503134
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:02 am

Here's my entry! Zinnia's OW's

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 PsRXD8m
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Empty oh my god

Post by Karasugaming Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:12 am

I would participate in this round if I could make gen 4 sprites (gen 3 sprites for the win)
But I must say that the zinnia over worlds are amazing. but zell didn't lm make those overworlds for you?
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:16 am

I didn't. I only made the trainer sprite.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell Justice Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:18 am

For one time , I made something acceptable XD ! And I know I ask very often Things to Llama ! *Sitting on the corner*
Zell Justice
Zell Justice
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:47 am

Zell, it's fine ^^ When people ask me to help, I take is as you saying, "you're good at this and I'm having trouble, please help," and when someone needs help, I am more than willing to help.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:08 am

Kinda late again, sorry (Conventions take up your time OK!), anyways here is gym leader Crisp's OWs.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Contes11
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:06 am

futurecreateor wrote:Kinda late again, sorry.

(You know, at this point I may as well change the official end date to Sundays, because I'm no better).

Next round will be to create a 3-way fusion, where you will attempt to splice three pokemon together as evenly as possible.

(I'm working on judging now- last night was really awful even for normal standards here.. I don't want to talk about it. (all the more reason for me to return your judging applications- because at this point I know who I want, but I want everyone to know why they did / did not get it, and what the judges need to correct upon).
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:49 pm

I unfortunately won't be able to tak part in this round or many more to be honest because my computer has given up working. If I'm selected for judging (I doubt it, but you never know) I can still do that on my tablet however.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Ignore this post, I'm doing a different entry.

Last edited by VerysBlade on Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:03 am

Welp, I used a pokémon random generator to decide which ones I should do, so that's why it might have turned out so wierd. I call it Corpantzle.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Corpan10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:53 pm

First contest submission. Not exactly what I'd planned, but maybe it will do.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Mi8QiFv

I call it the Winged Fairy-Dragon of Rawr.
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by verys Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Behold the bootyfullness.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Cheaso10
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Empty Luscikenrio???????

Post by Jathavan Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:28 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Scizor_lucario_blazekin_by_jathavansiva-d91s5ax
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brawler139 Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Here is a fusion of Dewott, Scyther, and Haunter that I did some time ago.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 21 Soul_eater_trio_by_brawler139-d91u8m5
Brawler139
Brawler139
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 26 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next