Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

+24
Kitten
Pixel Profligate
nya2468
CrimsonIgnis
FutureCreator
Leopardmask
Pigmaniac
Zell Justice
RandomUncertainty
MisterInkwell
Hessehl
Brawler139
Zenox-rmp
Jathavan
Karasugaming
TriShade
Yria/Mara LB
verys
Kiriyawave
EndlessTetris
SilverRiolu
flameVmark
ThatBritishYoshi
Fireckraker
28 posters

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Zenox-rmp Sat May 02, 2015 9:37 am

Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Empty Re: Silver League Sprite Contest [archived]

Post by Kitten Sat May 02, 2015 4:17 pm

"I now announce... you're Guilty!"

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 VKeeiXZ

I did Judge Angels (Dina).
Her creepypasta can be found here: http://yaguyi.deviantart.com/art/Creepypasta-Judge-angels-408812188
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sat May 02, 2015 11:51 pm

I'm judging tomorrow- stupid internet is awful from stupid mother trying to backup her stupid iphone. Our cheapskate internet isn't freaking capable of handling that she should just take it somewhere else.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sun May 03, 2015 2:12 am

Hopefully this submission isn't too late. Its currently 23:12 over
But anyways my submission is Lost Silver

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Lost_silver_by_crimsonignis-d8ryefx

and heres a link to the creapypasta
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Lost_Silver
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 03, 2015 10:51 pm

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date! (sorry folks).

13gamer2000 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Eeeee_10
Your sprite does suffer from the rescaling. While you did bring it back down to 96x96, the pixel size is inconsistently about 4:1, though in a few places it's 1:1. The whole thing needed to be cleaned up to single-pixel lines, because while there's nothing wrong with making a sprite bigger to add more detail, the lines should never look so blocky.
D

AllistorTheGreat wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Ticci_toby_sprite_by_p1x3l2-d8rbamh
Ah, yes. I know of him. For the most part this is good, but I have a few gripes, mostly involving the shading and contrast. Most glaring would have to be the pants. The shadow color just does not stand out from the outline, which makes it difficult to discern with the eye. I get why- shading blacks can be difficult to do while keeping the integrity of the color, but bumping it up a shade would have been better. Also, the hood and arms have no shading- even though I can see in your colors you set out, you planned to do so to the hood. Speaking of the arm, the torso should be positioned in front of the upper arm, based on where the lower arm is facing and the perspective. He also seems to be missing the thing that covers the lower part of his face, that most depictions have.
B-

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Ben11
Cant have this round without a reference to this. The face is suffers a little from the scale, but what bothers me more is the flatness of the torso. IT could have used more prominent shadows and highlights. Belt could have been a pixel thicker, and also, on the actual stature, the red things are boots, not leggings, and don't extend all the way up. The hair outline maybe could have been a bit darker, and the eyebrows ought to have been hair-toned.
B

Zenox-rmp wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Pokemo24
Interesting use for the toddler sprite. I feel like the overall product though is a tad simple. Also, I know what you were going for, but the stuff on its hand looks more like pumpkin guts. Blood is thick and not really affected by the color of the surface its on if there's enough to still be dripping like that. The blood spots on the white mane look good though.
C+

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 VKeeiXZ
This one I am unfamiliar with. For the most part, it's good; the shading is nice, and the hair can get away with the few thin locks at the top. What bothers me the most about this sprite is that the arm and hand do not look like they are positioned to be grasping the sword. I'd complain a bit about the sword itself too, but swords are notoriously difficult to do perfectly at this scale. I would have considered maybe a pixel wider for it though- as thin as it is, it looks more like a rod-cane.
B+

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Lost_silver_by_crimsonignis-d8ryefx
Sprite and mugshot, hm?- though considering that with this the primary modification is removing parts, I guess it just made sense to do. I think that the biggest thing that bugs me is this; why is there a black crater where his arm used to be attached?- should it not just be a bleeding stump?- I mean, the arms were connected to something, after all. For the rest of the sprite, otherwise, it decently depicts a de-limbed, pale, ghost-like Gold. Maybe replacing the black outline on the white would have been a good touch, but otherwise I'm not sure what else to tell you.
B-

(Hm, I think if I ever do this round again I'll have to exclude Pokemon-based creepypastas- it's too easy when you have sprites to work with already  Twisted Evil  )

1st; KittenCutie1
2nd; futurecreateor
3rd; AllistorTheGreat, CrimsonIgnis

Next Round- Revamp 1st or 2nd gen badges to D/P/Pt style.
End Date- 5/9

• No need to do 5th gen, since they're fairly similar
  • 3rd gen already got an upgrade in ORAS; HG/SS for some reason did not apply the D/P/Pt badge system though

Last edited by Dragon Arbock on Sun May 03, 2015 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Sun May 03, 2015 10:56 pm

Why did Future win when Kitten got a higher grade?
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 03, 2015 11:06 pm

LlamaMinister wrote:Why did Future win when Kitten got a higher grade?
Oh, sorry, I typed it wrong.

Probably a good thing I have people to jump on me for my mistakes. Oops.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiriyawave Mon May 04, 2015 9:57 am

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Falkner%20Revamp_zpsvdrrovzn
Falkner Gen 2 Badge revamped :3

Kiriyawave
Splashing Hoppip

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Empty Quick Question

Post by verys Mon May 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Other than adding the weird silver thing on the edges, can we slightly change the design at all? Like how the Hoenn badges were edited with the release of ORAS?
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Tue May 05, 2015 4:22 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Boulder_badge_revamp_by_jathavansiva-d8sa10o
I did change the design but i tried to make it look like a boulder
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Fri May 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Here is Bugsy's Hive Badge:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Hive_b10
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yria/Mara LB Fri May 08, 2015 2:59 pm

Rising badge whoop Smile I think XD

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Rising_badge_by_yria101-d8slgk6

http://yria101.deviantart.com/art/Rising-badge-Revamp-531759894

Aaand wow it looks small...
Yria/Mara LB
Yria/Mara LB
Bizarre Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonIgnis Sat May 09, 2015 12:21 am

Heres the Volcano Badge, or Crimson Badge in the Japanese version

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Volcano_badge_by_crimsonignis-d8socw5
CrimsonIgnis
CrimsonIgnis
Shorts Cultist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Empty Did i miss something?

Post by Jathavan Sat May 09, 2015 8:21 am

How did everyone get these cool banners, what are they for
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Location : I live somewhere with my parents but something includes nothing therefore I live nowhere with my parents.

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Sat May 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Jathavan wrote:How did everyone get these cool banners, what are they for
Gamer made them. He'll probably make you one if you ask assuming he has time.

https://silverleague.forumotion.com/t194p180-the-jelly-colloctive
https://silverleague.forumotion.com/t177-banners-that-i-made-with-photoshop
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitten Sat May 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Here's my entry! Morty's Fog Badge.

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 FBvGGrq
Kitten
Kitten
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Sun May 10, 2015 1:33 am

I got home really late, so I'll judge first thing tomorrow.
For now, next round will be; create a mega evolution for an eeveelution.

• this does not include Eevee itself. Do not make one for Eevee

Edit; Sorry!sorry!sorry!- I was in quite the power struggle and my dad decided to steal my computer for two days as some form of 'teaching me a lesson'. I'll judge now..

Kiriyawave wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Falkner%20Revamp_zpsvdrrovzn
This.. this isn't really the badge revamped to d/p style. This just looks like the g/s badge with a border. The actual d/p badges are bigger than even the hg/ss ones, so this badge needed to be scaled up- that's the major issue. The other issue though is that the silver was meant to be used to create the detail of the 'wings', which is also why the sprite needed to be bigger. That, and the dark outline on the 'wings' is too dark for the dp badge style.
D

Jathavan wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Boulder_badge_revamp_by_jathavansiva-d8sa10o
I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to go for here- I know you said a bolder, but.. why are there two badges? Anyhow, I really don't get bolder from  he first one as much as I do ammonite fossil, and from the second one- what is the u-shape on the front? Also, these badges lack the silver bordering that is ever present in the d/p style., and furthermore, neither really even retain the shape of the original badge (and the first one would be mistaken as another badge entirely).
C+

futurecreateor wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Hive_b10
This one is a fairly nice job overall. If I had to knock it for anything, it's that it seems oddly angular in a few areas- like for example the sides of the black at the top are almost a straight diagonal line when they should be more rounded. Also, some could be said for the spots, which look more like octagons- if they were meant to be honey combs it'd work out, but they're supposed to be circles.
B

Yria/Mara LB wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Rising_badge_by_yria101-d8slgk6
This also is not a revamp to d/p style. It is much too small, and honestly it deviates too much from the original. In fact I'm not even sure  what that base sprite you have going on there is supposed to be- it's not the official, nor does it match any official. Regardless, your sprite just isn't a d/p styling of the badge.
D

CrimsonIgnis wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Volcano_badge_by_crimsonignis-d8socw5
This badge isn't bad either, honestly. Where I feel you missed your mark, though, is that it does not quite match the more angular flame shape of the original.- mainly what would have helped it more would be to make the top more pronounced and slightly enlarged. Also, the part in the middle should be more towards the bottom- the heart of the flame always springs from the bottom center. Overall the revamping is good, but the badge itself is a little off-model.
B-

KittenCutie1 wrote:Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 FBvGGrq
This is also a nice attempt, but there's just a few things a tiny bit wrong with it. For one, the ghostly little tail bit could be a little more pronounced. In g/s it's a lot longer, but even in hg/ss, though it's been reduced, it's a hare more noticeable. Secondly, the ghostly 'eyes' should taper off more at the ends- they're too thick there and should be thinner, and their outline maybe not quite as dark. Otherwise, good job.
B+

1st; KittenCutie1
2nd; futurecreateor
3rd; CrimsonIgnis

Last edited by Dragon Arbock on Tue May 12, 2015 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Empty Mega Leafeon

Post by Karasugaming Sun May 10, 2015 9:51 pm

1st participant for the Mega Eevee Lution contest

Allow me to introduce to you Mega leafeon
Leafeon has undergone someupgrades and has turned into a Grass And Steel type
For this sprite i have made both normal and shiny forms.
Enjoy
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Mega_l11 theres also some overworlds on the left and right side of the picture

Last edited by 13gamer2000 on Sun May 10, 2015 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some sprites)
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Empty Mega Eeveelution Contest Entry!

Post by verys Sun May 10, 2015 11:59 pm

My entry: Mega Umbreon The design is based off of how Umbreon is associated with the moon and light and stuffs.
Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Mumbre13

Last edited by VerysBlade on Wed May 13, 2015 12:36 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to make the sprite look bigger. NO, I DIDNT UPSCALE!)
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Jathavan Tue May 12, 2015 1:55 pm

Based on shadowsSilver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Umberon_mega_eveloution_by_jathavansiva-d8t48kw
Jathavan
Jathavan
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Empty Best mega umbreon from all of the candidates!

Post by Zenox-rmp Tue May 12, 2015 5:20 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Pokymo11
Mega umbreon:
Type: Dark/poison.
Ability: Prankster.
Stats:
Hp: 95
Attack: 95
Defense: 145
Special attack: 60
Special defense: 165
Speed: 65

Last edited by Zenox-rmp on Wed May 13, 2015 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Making the title and fixing the stats.)
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp

Back to top Go down

Post by nya2468 Tue May 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 To_sho19

My Mega Umbreon Smile Maybe I'll improve on it over the week, IDK Razz and yes I did use the shiny cause the shiny is way better XD
nya2468
nya2468
Solarbeam Sunkern

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Empty ummm

Post by Karasugaming Tue May 12, 2015 6:27 pm

Why is everyone doing umbreon XD am i the only one that didn't make a mega for umbreon XD
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Silver League Sprite Contest [archived] - Page 15 Empty copycats :|

Post by verys Tue May 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Jeez everyone is doing Umbreon... Looks like I started something
verys
verys
Golden Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue May 12, 2015 11:35 pm

Yikes, so many Umbreons @_@

Sorry guys!- I had been detained from my computer. I have judged now. I edited the results into my previous post as to not make a large post about last round in the middle of this round.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next