Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruukasu's Simple Sprites

3 posters

Go down

sprites - Ruukasu's Simple Sprites Empty Ruukasu's Simple Sprites

Post by Ronin Ruukasu Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Figured I might as well post this here for review and your opinions on some of my first ever pixel art. Including my two first mugshots,  two original Pokémon made up of other existing ones (pokéfusions), five trainer sprites with one of them including my first attempt at overworld sprites and a simple little symbol that goes with my avatar. Keep in mind that I don't draw or sprite all that often, and that these have been laying around in a folder for some time without me really improving them or my skills.

sprites - Ruukasu's Simple Sprites Pokyfu11

Anyway I'm more than happy to take any critique or questions you may have for me. Who knows I may even put some more sprites here in the future. ^w^
Ronin Ruukasu
Ronin Ruukasu
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

sprites - Ruukasu's Simple Sprites Empty Re: Ruukasu's Simple Sprites

Post by Gangar4999 Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:13 pm

this are some interesting pixel art.
but you Bascodon and baskil are heavy weak to ice. so i hope it stats are good or its less likely people would not use it, if this was in a fan game.
and people would rather go for Drampa or Hydreigon as they more reliable and strong over all.
but im just nick picking.
but you have a nice batch of pixel art.
Gangar4999
Gangar4999
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Ruukasu Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Thanks, although I never really considered the type weakness or anything while drawing it I suppose they would have similar stats to Salazzle in sun and moon. But with 66 % of the speed and even less attack for a trade off for better Defense, S. Def. and Hp. The idea being that you use in in sunlight to replace the lost speed stat. A somewhat sturdier glass cannon with solarbeam or something like that. but that's just an idea on the topic of battle capabilities, really I just wanted to make cool grassy dragon like mega Sceptile.
Ronin Ruukasu
Ronin Ruukasu
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Gangar4999 Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:48 pm

yeah i do like the concept and the sprite but i don't consider my self a battler, i do have some of idea of how to build a team.
Gangar4999
Gangar4999
Belated Slowbro

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Ruukasu Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:09 pm

Glad that you like it. Also, worry not, we all have our fields of expertise Smile
Ronin Ruukasu
Ronin Ruukasu
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor Morel Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Your two fusion Pokémon are simply phenomenal designs, very reminiscent of Jurassic Park's Dilophosaurus (the poison spitting creatures) which is why I find it semi-curious these aren't Poison Dragons, but mere semantics. There's really nothing to criticize between the two. Fantastic work.

The trainer sprites feel somewhat bland though exclusively in terms of shading. Some feature relatively zero shade effects for the most part, or ought to be darkened/lightened. The designs themselves, however, are well executed. I particularly find the blonde one to be superb, as well as the sword (though it may be in need of a black or darker gray for part of the outline) More importantly, I can certainly see the improvement from your first to fifth sprite so top marks there. The mugshots are also delightful, especially #2 given its likeness to the trainer sprite and by how much personality it carries aesthetically.

... Mh, seem to have gotten carries away in terms of reviewal. Regardless, I just wanted to say this is all fine work!
Professor Morel
Professor Morel
Superior Serperior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Ruukasu Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:41 am

Awesome. Thank you for the invaluable input I do personally agree that my sprites are somewhat bland in terms of shading, it's something I've never really been all that good at. Though I might decide to revisit them to do some much needed improvements. However I've always found my designs much more adequate in their execution overall. Something I'll strive to keep going. Smile

As for the fusions, well the Dilophosaurus is (as thought by paleontologist) not venom spitting. Hence why why I figured I might go for a grass & dragon typing which as of the time I were making these was a non existent typing, save for mega Sceptile, who in my opinion doesn't really count for much. It's been a while since I made these, but I figure that I'll continue by making a trainer sprite for my first mugshot. After that perhaps some more fusions.
Ronin Ruukasu
Ronin Ruukasu
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down