Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STAR WARS LEGENDS

3 posters

Go down

STAR WARS LEGENDS Empty STAR WARS LEGENDS

Post by Saambell Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:48 pm

So we all know all the old Star Wars Books got named Non Canon. Still doesn't mean they stopped printing them or that they are bad and you cant enjoy them anymore. They are now under the Header "Star Wars Legends" and still being printed. I had picked up the X-Wing series on the cheap, and I am hoping people here could suggest other good Star Wars Legends books that are good. I do plan to find the Thrawn Books, especially as any action he does pre Ep 6 is technically classified as Still Canon. Any other Legends you would recommend?

Saambell
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

STAR WARS LEGENDS Empty Re: STAR WARS LEGENDS

Post by [Admin Account] Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:24 am

Let's say I do have an interest in the various literatures of the Star Wars Universe, where would be a good place to start, just for some casual reading even if they are non-canonical.
[Admin Account]
[Admin Account]
An Enigma

https://silverleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Saambell Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:38 pm

Well, as I have read very little of Star Wars Books, I can really only suggest the X Wing series. Its basically a Fighter Jet story in the Star Wars series. All about the Fighter Pilots of the famous X Wing class fighter. There's only two force capable people, and only one with any real talent, and he turned down the choice to use it. Its all focused on Rebel actions first in the push to take the Imperial Capitol, then a book or two of fallout from that. Then the author changes and it focuses on Commandos who can also give their own Air Support in a more Heist movie like feel with a more rough group of pilots. Only occasional step ins from the Big Name Movie cast, giving it a more stand alone feel. Though there are a few people from the movies in major roles, but they are side characters from the movies.

Though I also hear a lot of Praise for the Thrawn Trilogy, I have yet to find my own copy of it so I will have to hold off on recommending it.

Saambell
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Ruukasu Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:20 am

I'd recommend James Luceno's novels; Tarkin, Darth Plagueis and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader to name a few. My first piece of star wars legends material ever was reading Dark Lord and I absolutely loved it, have been reading them ever since. Though keep in mind that my interest is more leaning towards the sith and empire as you might've guessed from my suggestions. I still think they'd be interesting reads though and far from a waste of time if you're interested in the star wars expanded universe.
Ronin Ruukasu
Ronin Ruukasu
Lv. 5 Regice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down