Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team I'm currently thinking of making

3 posters

Go down

Team I'm currently thinking of making Empty Team I'm currently thinking of making

Post by FutureCreator Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:07 am

Ok so I want a new team for S/M and this is what I've been using (on showdown) and am most happy with so far. Let me know what you think of it and if there's anything I need to change.

Pyukumuku @ Darkinium Z  
Ability: Innards Out  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Soak  
- Toxic  
- Recover  
- Memento  

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb  
Ability: Psychic Surge  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature   
- Energy Ball  
- Moonblast  
- Psychic  
- Thunderbolt  

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Steelworker  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def  
Relaxed Nature  
- Gyro Ball  
- Rapid Spin  
- Shadow Claw  
- Power Whip  

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb  
Ability: Guts  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Drain Punch  
- Facade  
- Poison Jab (Knock off once PokéBank comes out)  
- Earthquake (Might change with Ice Punch when PokéBank comes out) 

Golem-Alola @ Air Balloon  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Def  
Impish Nature  
- Thunder Punch  
- Stealth Rock  
- Explosion  
- Stone Edge  

Drampa @ Aguav Berry  
Ability: Berserk  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD  
Modest Nature    
- Flamethrower  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Roost  
- Surf
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Team I'm currently thinking of making Empty Re: Team I'm currently thinking of making

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Soak is an interesting way to get past poison and steel types. Some porkemon however will still be able to shrug it off (with rest/heal bell).
I think the preferred ability on a-Golem is Galvanize.
Conkeldur I feel like is missing out on its niche, which is a powerful Mach Punch, and could be replaced with any reasonably strong pokemon without it.
Not sure what else about the team, I haven't battled much yet this gen.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Team I'm currently thinking of making Empty Re: Team I'm currently thinking of making

Post by FutureCreator Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:15 am

Dragon Arbock wrote:I think the preferred ability on a-Golem is Galvanize.
Well for this set not really, I use it as more of a suicide lead, where it can set up rocks safely, if it has a a favorable match up it can then just explode/thunder punch to deal some good damage
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon Arbock Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 pm

I suppose, but using it for rocks makes it no different from standard Golem. I think Explosion prefers the Galvanize boost, but that's just from what I've been reading.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:55 am

It's because standard golem is unavailable in the game.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator

Back to top Go down

Post by RashFlygon Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:00 pm

If you have a suicide lead you should probably run Hyper offense since your team does not really appreciate having rocks up considering that your only wallbreaker is tapu lele and conk. Completely remove pyukumuku as he only saps away your momentum and is complete set up bait for SubDance/Coil Zygarde, use a set up sweeper like Mega gyarados or Mega charizard for example. Change your suicide lead to something more viable like focus sash SD+Stealth rock garchomp but if you want to use golem keep sturdy and add an mental herb so you are
guaranteed your rocks. If you insist on having a slow tank change the Dhelmise to an Choice band set or use a more quick tank like Kyurem-B or Azumarill with either Belly Drum or choice band or even mega mawlie.Lele can stay the same but maybe use twisted spoon instead of life orb. If you run Hyper offense or Bulky offense you should have a "glue" or quick revenge killer to get back momentum perfect pokemon for this would be choice scarf latios or choice scarf landorus. For the rest of the pokemon you can either keep them the same or use a faster/stronger alternative. If you want to use a more defensive type balance then scarp the golem and use spikes ferrothorn and instead of pyukumuku use toxapex who is basically the stronger alternative and provides toxic spikes, you can keep the rest of the pokemon the same but maybe use an defiant pokemon like bisharp who appreciates the +2 att from defog. Hope this Helps -Rash

RashFlygon
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down