Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested

4 posters

Go down

Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested Empty Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:20 pm

So... I just posted in the roleplay thread I made outlining the circumstances of my availability online, so now probably isn't the best time to make art requests. But... I thought I'd toss the idea out there since I've been thinking on it for a while. You see, I've recently made a massive overhaul on my YouTube channel, deleting a lot of some old anime AMVs I've posted and planning to replace them with some content with a little more quality: voice acting takes and possibly vocal covers of songs, Let's Plays (should I obtain the recording equipment needed), and even some Pokémon videos planned.

Now, for said videos... I'd like something to work as a kind of avatar, with enough variation that I can express a number of different emotions by lining up the sprites right with the recording of what I'm saying. Pretty much like the idea of what Silver uses for his Top 10s, but less like pixel art and more about half-body sized artwork.

I know it's a big ask, but I know there are a lot of talented artists on here and, honestly, I'd be willing to do a trade-off. While I'm not exceptionally talented at digital art (any sketching art at all is kind of questionable to me, honestly) I do work in other creative fields. I'd be willing to lend my voice work or otherwise written word work. Extended projects would be off the table, what with the aforementioned internet issue, but otherwise, I would be perfectly willing to make an artistic trade. I will go on record again saying, though, that anyone willing to take this on just as a kind of practice and donation to me would simply be generous beyond words and appreciated. Smile I, unfortunately, am tight for cash right now and can't afford a monetary payment if you're an artist that will only charge for their commissions. I'm hoping anything else I can do will suffice.

The actual look of my character... the best shot of what she looks like is in my avatar, made by Professor Morel and Llama Minister. I have additional copies of it in a couple sizes and background color if it helps. The only details I don't think you can quite make out are a set of glasses I am wearing and some exceedingly pale gothic/vampiric skin color. Maybe you might have trouble seeing the purple sashes around my waist and the rim of the hat? We can work it out. I would be will to give any addition detail or instruction you need, of course.

A kind of base that can be used is a variety that is spread out between these two links down below. The suggestions for the expressions I'm supplying I would appreciate being off of these characters from Dangaronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (just the poses, to be clear).... not for any particular reason, just that there is a pretty big range between the two and they are my favorite characters... it could serve as a nice easter egg for someone to notice in future videos where I would use these. I would of course also give artist's credit in the description of each video.

Time is not really an issue, considering I'll be stuck waiting on my internet situation for a while.

Nagito Komaeda Sprite list

Chiaki Nanami Sprite list

So, would anyone be willing to lend me their services here?

Last edited by MyGenderisLitwick on Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested Empty Re: Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Oh, did Morel not tell you I did the bulk of the shading on that sprite?

And I would be willing to help...if you were asking for pixel art... You see, I'm kinda doing the same thing you are wanting (see my profile picture) for the Youtube channel I'm starting up, but mine is all pixel art since I don't have the tools for large-scale digital art and because I like the pixel art aesthetic.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested Empty Re: Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:38 pm

Oh, that was done a while ago, he might have... I have an issue with memory and he was just the one I was messaging back and forth, my apologies. And yeah, it's ok if it's just not your art style.
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Ah, okay. I'm not upset or anything, so no need to apologize ^u^ I just honestly didn't know if he mentioned I helped.

And yeah, sorry it's kinda out of my ability to help with this :/
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:11 pm

I would be happy to help, with linework at least since I mostly work traditionally. Maybe somebody else could team up and do the colouring or, since you said it'll be a while yet before you need these, I'll be set up for digital by then. Anyway, I'll try drawing a few and maybe you can look them over and decide whether you like the style or not. I hope I can at least be of some help here.
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:13 pm

I'll help you with youtube related videos :3 I can create thumbnails, sidebars etc etc for pokemon lets plays as well https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChty5DAhB5mViZ_zEgzoekg
also partnered with SLN Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPmRTu25k28&list=PLzD6kG4ju3cSHgNIaP1fX_ODXOliJKjjL
Karasugaming
Karasugaming
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:50 pm

I'd be willing to look and see what you have, Trishade. Smile

And sounds really helpful, Karasugaming! But I'm planning to just try my hand at a discussion/Top 10 kind of video first. So, how are you at the kind of avatars I mentioned?
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 pm

drawing wise I can do a cute lil drawing version Nagito and chiakia I'll see what I can do I'm not busy now
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:43 pm

I think you've misunderstood... I'm not asking anyone to draw those characters. I'd like drawings of my character's design in the poses similar to the sprites for Nagito and Chiaki.
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:04 pm

ohhhh you mean positions they do in the DR2 game? (can't see the images because school internet is bad)

drew nagito anyway cause boredom....

Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested Nagito10
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:06 pm

Lol, he's cute. XD Yeah, if you reread my original post, I was saying I want my character in different poses for different expressions for when I make videos. I was providing the sprite sheets for Nagito and Chiaki for suggestions of what poses to provide.
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 pm

do you can provide the sprite sheets not via link to another website? and just post the sprite sheets as images on this post? I'll see what I can do seeing as I can only do cute lil drawings
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:18 pm

Well... downloading all of those sprites and compiling them into an image (or otherwise attaching each individual image here) would be really time-consuming... and idk how well that art style would work with what I'm trying to do with these images. I can if you want me to give it a try, but it would take a while if that.
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:23 pm

oh so its not a sprite sheet there all individual ok I'll just screen shot em and see what I can do
also is it 1 of each drawn individually or just specific emotions? have you got a skype or something so I can get extra details if needed?
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Well... the main goal here is to create an entirely new sprite sheet made specifically for my character, and I just happen to like the idea of using these poses. The positions themselves I would like to be individual, considering how I plan to use them.

Unfortunately, like I said before too, I've been having internet issues and the computer that had my Skype installed isn't connected. I'm currently borrowing my father's computer. If you need more details for anything, just pm me, but again... the task is a whole character sheet, integrating the positions from both Nagito and Chiaki... a tall order, which is also why I offered a trade. And I'm pretty sure I don't want chibi...

Are you planning to take this on? :O
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Karasugaming Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:37 am

yes I'm planning on taking this on I've already started experimenting a bit.

Anix Senpai keeps telling me I need to improve my art style and this might be a great way to do so.

I used Chiaki as a base just to see how this would turn out it turned out pretty good IMO.

(imgur link is dead)

Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested Litwic10 full body

Something I've Been Wanting to Work On - Help Requested Litwic11 half body

Last edited by Karasugaming on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karasugaming
Karasugaming

Back to top Go down

Post by TriShade Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:38 pm

I made a preliminary sketch of sorts. It's not particularly clean but it was made to test out how you might want your character portrayed. My main thing I didn't know what to do with was the sash, especially the square on it. Some guidance for that would be helpful. What do you think of the sketch and did I miss anything?
TriShade
TriShade
Official Chatbox Promoter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:46 pm

Trishade: I'm not sure what you mean by the square on the sash? Do you mean the pockets? The pokeballs? Otherwise, I think you may just be referring to an effect of the shading.

And directed to both of you guys... I really appreciate the sketches and the initiative to help out, but looking at these, everything just seems kind of off from my overall goal... mainly just a difference in art style. I'll see if there are any other offers for now, I think.
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down