Silver League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire, Water, or Grass?

+6
CallMeFreak
serventseaslug
Pixel Profligate
Apex Leo
Dragon Arbock
Yuzuki
10 posters

Go down

Fire, Water, or Grass? Empty Fire, Water, or Grass?

Post by Yuzuki Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:07 am

With Sun and Moon coming out soon, everyone will be picking a starter (if they haven't already). Many people have a favorite type out of the three options that they choose every time. Which starter type is your favorite: fire, water, or grass?

I personally tend to favor the grass type starters with Treecko being my favorite starter ever.

Yuzuki
Wild Abra

Back to top Go down

Fire, Water, or Grass? Empty Re: Fire, Water, or Grass?

Post by Dragon Arbock Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:47 am

I chose water for first playthroughs until DP because I didn't like Piplup, so then I chose grass again until XY.. which was back to water.
I kinda think I'll end up with grass again in gen 7. That's not to say I don't like the fire starters, just that's how it goes.
Dragon Arbock
Dragon Arbock
Team Rocket Scientist
Team Rocket Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Apex Leo Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:07 am

I'm choosing popplio primarily because I have a thing for water starters not counting froakie, and Popplio looks adorable and cute to me, despite being everyone's least favorite when it got first revealed
Apex Leo
Apex Leo
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Profligate Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:56 pm

Normally I pick grass, but a lot of the time, I replace my starters to use less common Pokemon, like Parasect over Venusaur. Except for Treecko, because I love Treecko.

As for what I'll use in Gen 7, I'll probably do what I normally do because I'm not really a fan of any of the starters.
Pixel Profligate
Pixel Profligate
Skeleton

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HAIllR_r3u7xbu8f_m3QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by serventseaslug Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:45 am

I was going to pick the grass starter for sun and moon but the 2nd forms came out and as of right now I'm going to chose the water starter since it looks so cute now. over all I like all the water starters more than the other 2 types. 3rd gen I got mudkip for my first run, 4th it was turtwig, 5th tepig, 6th chespin they are not my favorites of the generations but just the one I picked first. I really hope the water type is cute for the 3rd evolution
serventseaslug
serventseaslug
Wild Abra

https://www.youtube.com/seasiug

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeFreak Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:33 am

I actually don't have a specific type usually... Though this will be the fifth gen in a row where I'm picking the water type... Oh geez. I don't mean to do it, but I guess I do. This is for a specific reason, however.
I chose Torchic first in Ruby, but now I pick Marshtomp every time I replay third gen for... Hopefully obvious reasons.
In gen four I picked Piplup first because of Dawn in the anime. *Shrug.* Though I think I picked Turtwig in Plat.
Fifth gen I picked Oshawott because I found out that the voice actress who did the voice of Oshawott in the anime was also the same actress who did the voice of Cynthia from Silent Hill 4. (#FuckKonami)
I chose Froakie because 1. Zephos. (Cloud riding Wind Waker frog who Froakie kind of looks like.) 2. Ninja froooog!
And I'm going to be choosing Popplio because 1. There's rumors of it's evolutions being a water/fairy, and 2. so far Popplio's the only one who leveled up in a video, so I can get an idea of how I should raise one without worrying about waiting on websites to update the base stats of all of the Pokemon.

...This is weird. Maybe they should stop making the water starters so appealing to me.
CallMeFreak
CallMeFreak
Lucario Rank

http://callmefreakfujiko.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureCreator Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:05 am

Probobly picking popplio since I don't really like roulette and litten. I honestly don't have a specific type I choose with my starters. In Crystal I used totodile, because it liked feraligatr way more than meganium or typhlosion. In Emerald I chose treeko because it was a goddamn grass dinosaur. In Platinum I went with piplup because anime. And in XY I went for froakie because it looked super cute, wasn't a big fan of greninja, though.
FutureCreator
FutureCreator
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustachedMudkip Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:56 pm

My favourite is definetly water. Since my favourite Starter pokemon is Mudkip(Which is pretty obvious if you look at the name I chose...). My second favourite starters are the plant ones and sadly fire never did much for me. I like most of them but... Alot of them evolve into fire/Fighting type, which to me is kinda boring now. But Litten looks good! Maybe it can be Fire/Dark when its fully evolved.
MustachedMudkip
MustachedMudkip
Lv. 1 Magikarp

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex Maniac Quinn Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:23 pm

I tend to have a huge fire-type bias. More often than not, I'll pick the fire starter. An exception is made usually when the final evolution has a really bulky look to it, like Emboar and Incineroar, in which case I normally defer to the water type. Moon was actually my first game where I wholeheartedly entered a region with the grass starter in mind. Smile Rowlet was always cute and cool to me, but Decidueye's ghost type cinched it for me.
Hex Maniac Quinn
Hex Maniac Quinn
Top Percent Rattata

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenox-rmp Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:34 pm

I either go with fire or grass.
In first gen I went with Squirtle, second gen Cyndaquil, third gen Torchic, fourth gen Chimchar, fifth gen Snivy (Smugleaf is the best starter ever), sixth gen Chespin and in gen 7 I went with Rowlet. So when it comes to typing it's a tie.
My favourite starter is Snivy so I say that grass is my favourite starter type
Zenox-rmp
Zenox-rmp
Post Level: Banned from Ubers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down